Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Pineapple Mint Sorbet

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 28, 09 at 15:53

DH and I went to a really nice restaurant last night with some friends and they served Pineapple Mint Sorbet as a palate cleanser. It was wonderful.....anybody have a recipe? TIA

jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Pineapple Mint Sorbet

Ingredients

1 cup pineapple mint leaves, chopped, packed
2 cups water
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sweet white wine (I like moscato but an asti spumanti would work)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions

In medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the chopped mint, water and sugar to a simmer. Cover the pan, lower the heat slightly, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool the mixture to room temperature.

Stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Chill the mixture for 2 hours. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.

Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here