Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 15:31

I tried this new recipe and thought I'd share it since we all thought it was quite good, the whole family liked it on spinach salad.

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

12 ounces stemmed California strawberries
3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
Granulated sugar, if needed

Puree strawberries in blender or processor. Transfer to bowl. Add dried herbs, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; whisk thoroughly. Whisk in vinegar. While whisking, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Adjust seasoning with salt and/or pepper, and balance flavors with a small amount of sugar, if needed.
Makes about 2 1/4 cups.

Recipe provided courtesy California Strawberry Commission. 2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Sounds good to me Woodie but am not sure I could convince my dear husband to try it. I made his favorite wilted lettuce salad for Father's Day so he is good for a bit. Will ask him and see what he says. He's not really big on fruit in his salads. Sound like anyone you know??
RL`

o

RL, I'd love to know how you make your wilted lettuce salad. Yep, your DH sounds like somebody I know, haha.

I had Good Seasons on the table for Ken, LOL, but he took a real chance and tried the strawberry vinaigrette. He actually liked it and I am still in shock, LOL. However, I know he won't be having it again tonight - back to Good Seasons (and yes, I do have a nice homemade sherry vinaigrette also in the fridge but he just really likes that Good Seasons).

o

Woodie, I fry up about 6 slices of bacon and crumble them.
Tear up leaf lettuce and slice green onions.
Using the bacon drippings, I add 2T sugar,3T red wine vinegar, and a beaten egg. Cook til thickened and toss all together. It's really an easy salad.........and my FIL love this even though he didn't care for salads. Liked to come up here because he knew I would make it for him.
RL`

o

Yum! We love the spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette and strawberries, so this sounds like something that we'd really like. And I'm always looking for new recipes to try using our local strawberries. Thanks for sharing :-)

Becky

o

This sounds terrific to me, Woodie. Thank you - I think my BF will love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here