Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherryhairdo

LOOKING for: Favorite potato dish?

Cherryhairdo
17 years ago

If this has been done before, I am sorry. I am fairly new to this board. I am always looking for a great way to make potatoes, as it's my family's favorite vegetable. I would love to have the recipe for your favorite potato dish.

Comments (20)

• doucanoe
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Here are some of mine:

Wild rice Potato Rosti

1/2c wild rice, cooked
    2lb potatoes, cooked and peeled
    3T walnut oil
    1tsp yellow mustard seeds
    1 onion coarsely grated and drained
    2T fresh thyme
    Salt & pepper

Coarsely grate cooked potatoes into large bowl. Add cooked rice.
    Heat 2T oil in large non-stick frying pan. Add mustard seeds, when seeds begin to "pop" add onion, cook gently for 5 minutes or until soft.
    Add onions to potatoes & rice, add thyme and mix thoroughly. Season with salt & pepper.
    Heat remaining oil in pan. Add potato mixture, press down well and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cove pan with plate and flip over, slied rosti back into frying pan and cook other side 10 minutes more, or until golden. Cut in wedges and serve.

Potatoes Savoyarde 1T unsalted butter, melted plus 3T unsalted butter cut into small pieces 3 cloves garlic, minced 2T finely chopped fresh parsley 1\-1/2c shredded gruyere cheese 1/4tsp freshly ground pepper 2\-1/2lb potatoes, unpeeled and sliced 1\-1/2c chicken stock Preheat oven to 375F. Brush 2qt. baking dish with melted butter. In small bowl stir together garlic, parsley, cheese and pepper. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes in prepared dish and sprinkle 1/3 of the garlic/cheese mixture over the top. Dot with 1T of the butter pieces. Repeat the layers once, and finish with the remaining potatoes. Pour the stock and then the remaining garlic/cheese mixture, dot with remaining butter pieces. Cover dish with foil buttered on one side. Bake 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking until potatoes are tender and top is brown and crusty, about 30\-40 minutes longer. Serves 6 (from Williams Sonoma)

Andouille and White Cheddar Over-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
    Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000

8 large baking potatoes, like Russets
    Drizzle olive oil
    Salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    2 cups thinly sliced onions
    1/2 pound andouille sausage, ground
    8 tablespoons butter
    1 to 1 1/2 cups cream fraiche
    1/2 pound white cheddar, grated
    1/4 cup chopped chives
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
    Season the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool. In a saute pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
    Meanwhile, in a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, brown the sausage, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
    Using a sharp knife, remove the top 1/4 of each potato. Using a spoon, remove the flesh from each potato, leaving about 1/4-inch border on each potato. Set the hollowed potato shells, aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the potato flesh, butter, and cream fraiche. Season with salt and pepper. Using a hand masher, mash until smooth. Add half of the cheese, onions, sausage, chives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Fill each hollow potato with the potato/sausage mixture. Top each potato with the remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the potatoes are warm and the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and serve.

My note: If you have extra filling after stuffing the potatoes as full as you can, spoon it into a small ovenproof dish, top with a little cheese and bake it. Makes a great lunch the next day!

And this one was posted a while back by Sharoncb...they are delish! Easy Parmesan Potato Wedges 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp garlic powder tsp salt ¼ to ½ tsp pepper 4 potatoes, unpeeled 1/3 c vegetable oil Preheat oven to 400F. In plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Dip wedges in oil and then add to bag and shek in cheese mixture. Place wedges on a baking sheet, skin side down and bake 30\-40 minutes. Posted by SharonCb SharonÂs notes: I used 3 medium potatoes and found the above mixture wasnÂt quite enough to coat them so had to make a bit more. Perhaps that was because I didnÂt use the finest grater for my parmesan so it was a bit more chunky than a finer grate would have been.. They taste wonderful. My notes. Make double cheese mixture and shake all wedges at once. Linda
  • ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Can never have too many potato recipes so I'm glad you posted this.

GORGONZOLA POTATOES (serves 12)
    6 large baking potatoes
    Vegetable oil
    1 cup sour cream
    6 TBL butter, softened
    3 TBL milk
    4 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
    1 tsp salt
    Wash potatoes & rub skins w/oil. Bake in a preheated 450° oven for 45 minutes. Cut in 1/2. Scoop out potato pulp
    in a large bowl. Add sour cream, butter, milk & cheese; blend well. Stir in salt. Mound in potato skins. Bake 10 more minutes to heat. If you freeze ahead, reheat at 350° for 30 minutes.~~ Food For Thought
    Works well, freezing ahead.

Can't remember where I got this one but it's good:
    TWICE BAKED JALAPENO POTATOES (serves 8)
    4 large baking potatoes
    vegetable oil
    1/3 cup butter, melted & divided
    1 onion, coarsely chopped
    1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar, divided
    1 cup (4 oz) shredded Mozzarella, divided
    4-5 pickled jalapenos, minced with seeds
    1/2 cup warm milk
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 TBL minced fresh chives or green onion
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 large egg
    8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled

Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat potatoes with oil & bake 1 hour or until tender. Set aside to slightly cool. Reduce oven to 325°.
    Heat 1 1/2 TBL butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion & saute until tender; set aside.
    Cut potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise & carefully scoop flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving a 1/4" shell. Place potato shells on a baking sheet.
    Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, 2/3 cup Cheddar, 2/3 cup Mozzarella, jalapeno, milk, sour cream, chives, salt, pepper & egg to potato flesh, stirring until well blended. Spoon mixture evenly into potato shells. Sprinkle w/remaining cheese & bacon. Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.~~
    GREEK POTATOES (serves 6)
    4-6 medium potatoes
    2 TBL butter
    2 TBL olive oil
    1 TBL lemon juice
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried parsley flakes (or more if using fresh)
    1 tsp salt
    Pepper

Peel the potatoes & cut into 1-1 1/2" wedges. Heat the butter & oil in a large skillet. Add the potatoes & lemon juice. Saute to an even brown, turning potatoes to brown on all sides. Cover the skillet & continue to cook until the potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Uncover the skillet, sprinkle the potatoes w/the seasonings, mix & serve.~~Hunt to Harbor

GARLICKY POTATOES (serves 2)
    6-7 small red potatoes, quartered
    4 large garlic cloves, minced
    2 TBL olive oil
    1/2 tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
    1 TBL dry white wine
    Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in lightly greased 13x9" baking dish. Sprinkle garlic over potatoes; drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle thyme then drizzle wine over the potateos. Cover tightly with foil & bake 45-60 minutes.~~Slice of Paradise

CREAMY GRILLED POTATOES (serves 6)
    5 medium potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
    1 medium onion, sliced
    6 TBL butter
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
    2 TBL minced parsley
    2 TBL Worcestershire sauce
    Salt & pepper to taste
    1/3 cup chicken broth
    2 TBL bacon bits

Place sliced potatoes & onion on 18x22" piece of heav-duty foil. Dot w/butter. Sprinkle w/cheese, parsley, Worcestershire, salt & pepper. fold up foil around potatoes; add broth. Sprinkle w/bacon bits. Seal edges tightly. Grill packet on a covered grill over medium-hot coals about 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.~~Never Ending Season

• woodie
    17 years ago

Oh boy, great recipes Linda and Ginger! Here are a couple of my favorites - 2 of them are from forum friends.

POTATO GRATIN WITH BOURSIN

2 cups heavy cream
    1 - 5 ounce package Boursin cheese with Herbs
    3 pounds small red potatoes, thinly sliced
    Salt and Pepper

Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. In saucepan, melt Boursin cheese with the cream. In the baking dish, layer 1/2 the potatoes, salt and pepper, pour half of the cheese mixture over, and repeat the layers. Bake 1 hour at 400*.

Jenn's Quick Dill Potatoes
    Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
    (circa 1970 or so)

2-1/2 cups cubed pared potatoes
    2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
    1 tsp. salt
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup light cream
    Dried dillweed and pepper to taste

Bring the water to a boil and add the potatoes, onion, and salt. Cover and cook about 15 minutes. Add the light cream; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with dried dillweed and pepper. Serves 4.

Marilyn's Party Potatoes

6 medium potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
    2 cups sour cream
    ½# grated Velveeta or any cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste
    3 tablespoons milk
    1 teaspoon snipped chives
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 cup coarse bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons melted butter

Boil potatoes in salted water with skin on until tender; cool slightly, peel and cool completely. Grate potatoes coarse. Butter a casserole dish and mix potatoes with sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, milk, chives and Worcestershire. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top of potatoes, drizzle with butter (or mix 1 cup corn flake crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter); bake 1 hour at 350°

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Oh, Woodie, dill & potatoes are a match made in heaven!

• Cherryhairdo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

These recipes have my mouth watering. Don't know which to try first.

• ruthanna_gw
    17 years ago

This time of year, I like to boil small potatoes with the skins on until just barely cooked and then refrigerate overnight to firm up. Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each and thread on skewers through the bacon. Grill over medium coals until the bacon is done, brushing occasionally with BBQ sauce.

You could use them as a side dish but we eat them as a quick and easy summer main course, served with corn on the cob and some type of tomato salad.

• lindac
    17 years ago

Dilled creamed potatoes.

Make dill sauce
    Melt 1/2 stick of butter in heavy bottomed pan
    Add 2 T grated of very finely chopped onion
    Cook slowly until onion is soft and all water has evaporated...do NOT brown
    Add 1/4 cup flour and whisk and cook for about 1 minute
    Slowly add 1 cup chicken broth whisking constantly
    And 1 cup 1/2 and half ( whole milk will do in a pinch)
    and simmer for 3 minutes.
    Add 1/2 tsp worchestershire
    And 1 1/2 tsp dill seed
    And about 2 tsps. lemon juice.
    Set aside

Peel and cube 4 large red potatoes... boil in salted water until just tender, drain and toss in the pan over heat to remove all excess water....and put into cream sauce.
    Re heat and serve.
    These are better if you can let them sit, warm in the warm sauce for about an hour before reheating for serving.
    Correct seasonings, add black pepper to taste and serve.
    Linda C

• Cherryhairdo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I make this one from Lidia Bastianich, and it's really quite good.

Warm Potato, Onion and Caper Salad
    (Insalata Calda di Patate, Cipolla e Capperi)

Servings: Makes 6 servings

Ingredients: 1 pound Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but unpleeled
    1 small red onion, sliced thin (about 1 cup)
    1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
    ¼ to 1/3 cup tiny capers, drained
    1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, or as needed
    Salt (preferably sea salt)
    Cracked black pepper
    Red wine vinegar (optional)

Try this salad as it was made traditionally, without vinegar. If you feel the capers dont supply the necessary zing, sprinkle a little wine vinegar over the salad and toss it again. Warm salads like this are a nice to take the chill out of a cold cut lunch and go very well alongside grilled fish, chicken or sausages.

Pour enough cold water over the potatoes in a medium saucepan to cover by three fingers. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat slightly to a gentle boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender when poked with a paring knife or skewer, 20 to 35 minutes, depending on the size and type of potato. Drain the potatoes and let them stand until cool enough to handle, but still quite warm.
    Cut the potatoes into ½-inch slices and set them in a serving bowl. Scatter the onion, parsley and capers over the potatoes, drizzle 1/3 cup of the oil over them and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. There should be enough olive oil to make the vegetables glisten. If not, drizzle in a little more and toss gently. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper and a drizzling of vinegar, if you like. Serve immediately.

..as a side note, she suggested adding swiss chard to this recipe and it was a wonderful combination of flavors.

• potpie
    17 years ago

The recipe for Potato Gratin with Boursin made me lick my chops! Boy that sounds good!

I have a recipe that my kids love. It is a big hit whenever I make it.

Ranch Mashies
    5 pounds of burbank potatoes (plain brown kind)
    1 16 ounce carton of full fatted sour cream
    1 stick of butter (I will use more sometimes.)
    1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (you can add more if you really like the flavor, we like it a lighter flavor and more potatoey)
    Half and Half as needed for thinning (usually about 1/3 cup if you steamed your potatoes like I usually do)

Peel and cut the potatoes for steaming or boiling until fork tender. (Use a large pan that covers potatoes totally if boiling). Drain, but do not rinse. Add potatoes back to large pot and add the other ingredients and using an electic mixer, whip them until light and fluffy. If you want, you can rice them. Add the riced potatoes to a pot with the other ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. They will be more substantial and denser, but still light and tasty. Tip: Take finished potatoes and put them into a large well buttered casserole dish, top with lots of grated sharp cheddar cheese and bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is melted and starting to "toast", but not brown. About 4-7 minutes. Serve with chopped green onions and a finer chiffonade spinach kind of sprinkled over it all.

I have "swirled" the cheese into the potatoes and added crumbled bacon to the top and my family goes nuts.

These are pretty salty on their own with the ranch mix and the sour cream. Just salt and pepper to taste when you make it. I never add any.

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Oh, Potpie Iknow somebody who would fall right into your recipe.

• pat_t
    17 years ago

GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

2 lb. potatoes, peeled and sliced
    4 Tblsp. butter, divided
    1 clove garlic, peeled
    1-1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper

Heat oven on 350° F. Using 2 Tblsp. butter, grease a 9- x 13- x 2-inch baking pan. Rub buttered pan with garlic clove. Place half of sliced potatoes in prepared pan. Place half of the cheese over potatoes. Pour half of the heavy cream over potatoes. Put half of the salt and pepper on cheese. Repeat. Dot butter on top of casserole. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, covered with a sheet of aluminum foil. Raise heat to 400° F. and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

TRIPLE-ONION TWICE BAKED POTATOES

4 large baking potatoes
    1 lb. sliced bacon, diced
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
    1/2 cup sour cream
    2 Tblsp. milk
    1 cup diced American cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    4 green onions, finely sliced

Bake potatoes at 400° F. for 1 hour or until tender.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 Tblsp. drippings. In the drippings, sauté red and yellow onions until tender; set aside.

When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/8-inch shell. In a mixing bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream, and milk until creamy. Stir in sautéed onions, American cheese, and 1 cup of bacon. Spoon into potato shells.

Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° F. for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onion and remaining bacon. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.

• brenda55
    17 years ago

Here's my family's favorite:

EZ Cheezee Potatoes

4 baking potatoes
    1 sm. carton whipping cream
    1/3 c. butter
    1 lb. Velvetta
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cook potatoes (either in microwave or boil in jackets), peel and slice. In a "pammed" casserole dish, layer potatoes, dot with sliced butter, season with salt and pepper. Whip the cream and dollop on top of potatoes. Cover with grated Velvetta (a bit messy). Bake at 300 deg. for 30 minutes, stirring gently after approx. 15 minutes.

For make ahead: I do most of this ahead of time when entertaining, only waiting until right before cooking to place whipped cream and cheese on potatoes.

Brenda

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

There are so many great recipes posted here, I'm copying and pasting like crazy -- last night we tried the Creamy Grilled Potatoes that Ginger posted as part of our Father's Day meal -- they were excellent! Thank you!

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Thanks, Blueiris. They work in the oven too (as you probably know.) Glad you liked them - and they're easy too.

• dlhealdquilter
    17 years ago

This is a favorite of mine that I make often and everyone seems to enjoy.

GRILLED HIDDEN VALLEY POTATOES
    (qualtities vary depending on how many potatoes you are making)

Baking potatoes, cleaned/scrubbed and chunked into 1-inch cubes
    Green bell pepper sliced into 1-inch pieces
    Red bell pepper sliced into 1-inch pieces
    Onion sliced/diced into 1-inch pieces
    Melted Butter (about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup)
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Hiddle Valley Ranch Dressing

Once all of your vegetables are diced/sliced, season with salt and pepper. Add some melted butter and give a generous squeeze of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing to coat everything nicely. Transfer to aluminum pan (or baking dish) and place on upper shelf of BBQ (lower shelf will work too) (or place in 350 degree oven) and BBQ/bake until potatoes are tender. Depending on the heat of the BBQ this can take 30-45 minutes.

• roselin32
    17 years ago

I gave this recipe to a friend years ago when we lived in Germany and she still has to make them for her husband once a week.
    Roselin's Oven Fried Potatoes

3 med potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/2" thick
    Combine:
    1/4c oil
    1T Parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Overlap potatoes in a baking dish in a single layer. Brush with half of the oil mixture.`
    Bake at 375° for 45 minutes basting with remaining oil mix after 20 minutes.
    Serves 4

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

The Hidden Valley & the oven fried potatoes sound like winners. Ranch dressing is a favorite of mine on baked potatoes too.

• ann_t
    17 years ago

I make these quite often. They seem to go great with almost every meat especially grilled steaks and I often serve them as a side with

too.

Ann

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

===================
    3 or 4 larege Russet Potatoes
    2 tablespoons Olive oil
    2 TAblespoons Butter
    2 cloves of Garlic
    Salt and pepper
    parsley, rosemary or thyme

Using a melon baller, make round balls from large peeled potatoes or
    you can cut the potatoes into small cubes. Potatoes can be cut up
    ahead of time and left to soak in cold water.

When ready to serve: In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and butter.
    Dry the potatoes really well and add them to the pan. Saute, shaking
    the pan occasionally until golden brown and the potatoes are tender.
    Add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Shake to distribute and
    cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; add fresh herb of
    choice, parsley, rosemary or thyme. Serve while hot.

• san_
    17 years ago

GREAT thread--there's a lot of good recipes here so thanx for starting it!

these were a summertime treat when i was growing up in central NY and might be sort of an acquired taste:

Salt Potatoes

Put 5# of small potatoes into about 2 quarts of water
    Add about 2/3 C of salt
    Boil until the potatoes are fork tender
    Serve with plenty of butter

For a variation, cut the above into halves
    Pan-fry over low heat in olive oil to which you have added 8 or 10 bay leaves cut in half, turning several timeswhen they are crispy and browned, serve or, add a tablespoon of sugar and a little chopped basil and cook for another minute or two (can also be wrapped in foil and grilled). The differences in flavors is really quite good!

this is from daisy--very tasty but the color of the finished dish is a little dark...

Spiced Potato and Basil Gratin
    6 medium boiling potatoes
    2 cups loosely packed fresh sweet basil leaves
    2 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
    1 teaspoon each salt, black pepper, mace and allspice
    125g Swiss or domestic provolone cheese, grated
    Preheat oven to 190C. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature. When cool enough to handle, remove the skins and cut the potatoes into 3mm slices. Arrange one-third of the potato slices in a thin layer on the bottom of a round 22cm baking dish rubbed lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle one-third of the basil over the potatoes. Cover with half of the remaining potatoes and the remaining basil. Finally, top with the remaining potatoes. Combine the cream and spices in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle the mixture over the potatoes. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the cream is thick and the potatoes are very tender. Sprinkle the cheese over the top; bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.

i'm sorry i didn't make a note at the time i copied these recipes quite a few years ago but i believe they probably both are from one of the frugal gourmet's books. in any case, they certainly are T & T in our household!

swedish hasselback potatoes
    6 medium baking potatoes
    1/4 C melted butter
    1/4 C grated parmesan
    2 T dry bread crumbs
    salt & pepper
    paprika
    place the potatoes on a large spoon and cut partway through them in 1/4" slices. place cut side up in a greased, 11 x 7 baking dish, brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. bake @ 375 for 45 minutes (or bake with a roast for 1 hour @ 325). mix together the cheese and the bread crumbs and sprinkle onto the potatoes. bake until tender--another 20 or 30 minutes.

Portuguese herbed potatoes
    6 new potatoes
    6 whole bay leaves
    2 T olive oil
    2 T butter
    1/2 tsp salt
    a few grindings of pepper
    pare a strip of skin off from the center of each potato. add potatoes and bay leaves to about 1" of boiling water. return to a boil and reduce heat, cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. drain. heat the oil and butter in a 10" skillet and then return the potatoes and bay leaves to the skillet. stir and add salt & pepper. cook uncovered over medium heat until browned, about 10 or 12 minutes. serve.

this is loosely based on a recipe from epicurious--

Potato Latkes ("sort of")

Use leftover, mashed potatoes. If not, boil 5 or 6 red-skinned potatoes until tender and then roughly chop them, adding a little milk.

Stir into the potatoes:
    2/3 C of chopped leeks or shallots or onions

Mix together and then add to the potato mixture:
    ½ C parmesan
    1 egg
    1 ½ to 2 tsp dried mint
    1 tsp dried oregano
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    a package of chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry

To the above, stir in:
    1/3 C feta and
    enough bread crumbs so that the mixture will hold together lightly

Form the above into small patties. Pan-fry them in a skillet on medium heat, lightly coated with olive oil for 5 or 6 minutes per side.

if you like "oven french fries" or even plain oven roasted potatoes, just drizzle on a little truffle oil a few minutes before taking them out to serve. delicious! also, i don't make "gravies" very often. but i do like sauces and that includes salad dressings. if you have a sauce that you enjoy, just pour it over plain old boiled potatoes. you just might have a new dish that you really like!

• roselin32
    17 years ago

san, salt potatoes are a favorite of mine. We don't get them here in TX but I do make my own using the little red potatoes.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012