Fancy Feast Chicken Serves: 6

2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
    6 ounces Swiss cheese slices
    3/4 cup dry white wine
    8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
    2 cups herbed stuffing mix
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    10 tablespoons butter

Melt 2 tablespoon butter is small pan. Add sliced mushroom and ¼ cup of wine. Sauté until wine has been absorbed. Place chicken breasts in 9x13 baking pan. Top each breast with slice of Swiss cheese. Arrange mushrooms over chicken and cheese. Mix soup and remaining wine over chicken. Sprinkle with stuffing mix and drizzle melted butter over top of stuffing mix.

Bake 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

• woodie
    15 years ago

Easy Baked Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    Salt
    Ground pepper
    Garlic powder
    4 T. mayonnaise
    4 T. fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
    1 c. fresh coarse bread crumbs (or packaged, or panko)
    Chopped parsley

1. Season chicken lightly with salt, pepper.
    2. Combine mayonnaise, garlic powder and cheese.
    3. Put chicken in baking dish and cover with the mixture.
    5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with parsley.

Bake at 400 until juices run clear (about 15-20 minutes)

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

LEMON & ROSEMARY CHICKEN (serves 6)
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves, fresh or dried
    4 TBL olive oil
    1/3 cup dry white wine
    2/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    Parsley & lemon slices for garnish

Place chicken breasts between 2 piece of waxed paper. Pound each breast to 1/4" thickness with a mallet (or the bottom of a heavy saucepan.) Cut the flattened pieces into halves or thirds. Coat each piece w/bread crumbs.
    Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 10" fry pan. When oil is hot, place 1/2 of the chicken pieces in oil in the pan & sprinkle 1/2 of the rosemary leaves over the chicken. Brown the chicken until a light golden brown. Remove & drain on a paper towel. Repeat with the other half of the chicken & rosemary leaves.
    Pour off excess oil from the pan, being careful not to remove the browned rosemary leaves & chicken left on the bottom of the pan. Return immediately to the heat & add lemon juice & wine to the pan. Stir with a whisk to loosen the leavings on the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is reduced by 1/3.
    Place the chicken on a platter & pour 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken pieces & serve the remaining in a pitcher on the side. Garnish w/lemon slices & parsley. Good served with rice or pasta.~~Of Tide & Thyme

BAKED CHICKEN REUBEN
    8 small boneless chicken breasts
    16 oz can sauerkraut
    4 slices Swiss cheese
    8 oz Thousand Island salad dressing
    1 TBL chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 375°. In a 9x13" baking dish arrange chicken breasts in 1 layer. Rinse sauerkraut & press out water. Cut cheese slices. Sprinkle
    sauerkraut on chicken breasts. Top w/dressing & cheese. Bake 40 minutes covered or until tender. Garnish w/parsley.~~

STIR-FRY SESAME CHICKEN (serves 45)
    1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 TBL sesame seeds
    2 TBL soy sauce
    1/4 tsp pepper
    3 tsp vegetable oil
    1 cup thinly sliced carrots
    1 cup broccoli florets
    1/2 cup snow peas
    1 to 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
    1 TBL cornstarch

Place the chicken in 1 layer in the freezer for about 1/2 hour. Slice the chicken while partially frozen, across the grain in thin strips. Toss w/the sesame seeds, soy sauce, pepper & 2 tsp fo the oil in a small bowl. Let tand at least 5 & up to 25 minutes.

Parboil the carrots 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Drain. Heat a wok or skillet over moderately high heat. When hot, add the chicken mixture & stir constantly 5-7 minutes until the chicken is lightly cooked. Remove to a bowl. Put the remaining tsp of oil in the wok. Add the carrots, broccoli, snow peas & mushrooms & stir-fry 2-3 minutes until the vegetable are tender but still crisp. Stir in the cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup cold water; stir until boiling. Add the chicken. Cover & simmer 2 minutes.~~Treasures of the Smokies

• blueangel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all
    I think for tonight
    I will try the
    STIR-FRY SESAME CHICKEN

Blueangel

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

You're welcome! Hope you like it.

• grainlady_ks
    15 years ago

This may be too late for tonight, but it's become a favorite at our house and I thought I'd go ahead and post it. -Grainlady

TUSCAN ROSEMARY CHICKEN AND WHITE BEANS

1/3 c. purchased Italian salad dressing
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I also have used chicken tenderloins and cutlets)
    1 cup sliced carrots
    1 c. sliced celery
    1/4 c. coarsely chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes (leave out if you don't have them, or add some chopped fresh seeded tomatoes)
    1 t. dried rosemary leaves, crushed (I used fresh rosemary.)
    1 (15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
    (Note: I also added about a cup of small frozen whole green beans.)

Heat salad dressing in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.

Reduce heat to low. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes and rosemary. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear. Stir in cannellini beans. Cook until beans are thoroughly heated. 4 servings

(Source: Country Casseroles & One-Dish Meals)

• becky_ca
    15 years ago

When I can't think of anything else, I like to marinate the b/s breasts in Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce for several hours. If I feel like it I grill them, if not they can be left in the marinade and baked at 350F for about 30 minutes. Servie with steamed white rice and whatever vegie you've got. My boys love this and always thank me :-)

The Yoshida's sauce is also good to marinate chicken thighs or steak before grilling.

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

I like the Trader Joe's Picatta Sauce in a jar. I grill the boneless, skinless chicken breast on the grill - do not overcook. In a skillet add the sauce, grilled chicken breasts & qtred artichoke hearts ( from a can - in water). Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

I love Yoshida marinated and baked chicken wings!

Here is a quick chicken and pasta recipe that a friend at work told me about:

grill or saute chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked and juices no longer run pink - slice or cube the chicken

layer in an oven-proof baking dish, cooked thin noodles (spaghetti or linguine) mixed with a little Ranch salad dressing

top noodles with diced fresh tomato

sprinkle on grated parmesan cheese

layer on the sliced or cubed chicken

bake in a 375 degree oven until cheese melts and everything is hot