Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chicken with gorgonzola sauce?

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 14:58

Saw this frozen at Trader Joes, and it seemed like a good idea, that I could make myself. Any ideas?

Theirs had grilled sliced chicken, sliced portabella mushrooms, red peppers: the "sauce" shown in the package did not look saucy, more like just finely chopped cheese in a milky "something" that was just coating the other ingredients. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chicken with gorgonzola sauce?

1 pkg Knorr's three cheese sauce mix
2 cups milk
3 garlic cloves jarred crushed not minced
6 ounces Gorgonzola crumbles

In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, whisk together white sauce mix and milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer and add minced garlic and Gorgonzola crumbles. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes as sauce thickens; remove from heat. garnish with chopped fresh parsley.

Know certain members will thumb their nose at using a sauce mix but the sauce works for ME and those that I have served it to.

I use it with an gnocchi chicken recipe.

o

It is easy to make a sauce without using mixes.

Just make a white sauce/Bechamel, season with a little minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the gorgonzola.

Saute the mushrooms and julienned red pepper and add to the sauce along with your grilled chicken.

You will probably want to add some minced Italian parsley and you could also add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce along with the Gorgonzola.

Ann

o

It turned out just great! Thanks!

o

What did you end up doing Linnea56?

Ann

o

I did it like you suggested. Cheese sauce mix would be a useful shortcut, but I didn't have any. The white sauce was a bit bland so I added extra garlic, garlic salt, and almost half a pound of Gorgonzola. Then added about 1/4 cup of parmesan. That did it! The chicken I "grilled" on my small George Foreman grill, as my "real" grill is not working. I marinated it first in lemon juice, lemon pepper, paprika, and Italian herbs. The portabella mushrooms gave it a lot of flavor, too. I wrote up the recipe for my files, if anyone wants it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here