Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Oat 'N' Toffee Grahams

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 14:15

Since I went to visit brand new baby grandson, Jack, I of course needed to take some food to his weary mom and dad for their freezer and I tried this new recipe - its a definite keeper - quite yummy and it makes a lot - always a plus.

OAT 'N' TOFFEE GRAHAMS

BHG June 2008 $400 Prize Tested Recipe Winner
From Susan Campanelli, Kutztown, PA

12 whole graham crackers (rectangles)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 - 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup smoke-flavored almonds, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan.

Arrange whole graham crackers in a single layer in pepared pan. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugars, and flour. Stir in melted butter, egg and vanilla until well combined. Spoon over graham crackers and spread evenly to edges of pan to cover graham crackers.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until oat mixture bubbles and is lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Return to oven for 1 minute. Spread melted chocolate over top to cover. Evenly sprinkle with almonds. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift from pan. Remove foil. Cut or break into bars.
Makes 32 bars.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Oat 'N' Toffee Grahams

That sounds great! Bet it would work with other nuts too.
Congrats on the new baby to spoil, Woodie!

o

Wow does that recipe sound sooooo good! Thanks for posting it... And congrats on the new grandson!

o

Sounds good, Woodie and I KNOW you won't spoil the #1 Grandson!!........well, not much anyhow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here