Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sayhellonow

LOOKING for: Suggestions wanted for sandwiches for 27 ppl

sayhellonow
15 years ago

We're having a family reunion this coming weekend, and Saturday lunch is my assignment. I figured sandwiches would be the easiest, but I'd really like your suggestions. TIA everyone!

Comments (5)

• angelaid
    15 years ago

How about a meat and cheese tray, different condiments and an assortment of bread/rolls and let everyone fashion their own?

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

This previous thread is perfect for what you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandwiches for a picnic

• eileenlaunonen
    15 years ago

Im making 125 of these on Friday for a graduation party for a friends son. I buy packages of chicken cutlet I have the butcher trim and slice very thin I then cut them into pieces that fit the roll...I then fry them like a traditional breaded chicken cutlet. I buy the small soft dinner rolls at BJ's add a piece chicken cutlet a slice of fresh mozzarella a piece of basil leaf a slice of roasted red pepper and add a fancy sandwich length toothpick to hold it together....on the side I serve a balsamic vinegarette. These are always a big hit they are not served hot so they work well for all situations.

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

You could make this in a french bread and slice it to feed several hungry people. May have to adjust the amounts of ingredients just a bit to accommodate 25 ppl. But they are delicious and filling!

Mufulettas
    Source: Giada DeLaurentis

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/3 cup olive oil
    10 large pitted green olives, chopped
    1/3 cup pitted, chopped kalamata olives
    1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 (1-pound) round bread loaf (about 7 inches in diameter and 3 inches high)
    4 ounces thinly sliced ham
    4 ounces thinly sliced mortadella
    4 ounces thinly sliced salami
    4 ounces sliced provolone
    1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
    1 1/2 ounces arugula leaves
    Whisk the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Gradually blend in the oil. Stir in the olives and roasted peppers. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
    Cut the top 1-inch of the bread loaf. Set the top aside. Hollow out the bottom and top halves of the bread. Spread some of the olive and roasted pepper mix over the bread bottom and cut side of the bread top. Layer the meats and cheeses in the bread bottom. Top with the onions, then the arugula. Spread the remaining olive and roasted pepper mix on top of the sandwich and carefully cover with the bread top. You can serve the sandwich immediately or you can wrap the entire sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator a day before serving.
    Cut the sandwich into wedges and serve.

my notes: *These are delicious, and even better the next day!

Linda

• whenicit
    15 years ago

Too late for the OP but a hit at my house has been french dips - simply put deli cut lean roast beef in a large crock pot with lots of au jus. We use hoagie rolls and provolone, broiled to melt the cheese. Yum and easy. We did this around the holiday break and I think it is better suited for fall/winter but thought I'd share for future posters.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022