Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Louisiana Crunch Cake

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 13:39

Anyone have a T&T recipe I love this but have only had store bought by Entenmann's bakery...id love to do a scratch one. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Louisiana Crunch Cake

I have never heard of "Louisiana crunch cake"...but I googled and found many recipes and many vastly different....some with coconut some with orange some with nuts in the cake some without...
I think you need to decide what kind you are remembering and go from there.
Linda C

o

I encountered the same thing all recipes were different. Thats why I posted here I thought maybe this was a Southern thing whereby everyone has a recipe LOL Thanks Linda.

o

I too loved the Louisiana Crunch cake. Haven't had it in years, since I moved away from an Entenmann's distributor.
Check out this link! It's from Finder of Lost Recipes

Here is a link that might be useful: Louisiana Crunch Cake

o
this one

This one is the one I remember that I liked the best.
Called Louisiana Crunch Ring

Louisiana Ring Cake

2 3/4 Cups Flour, sifted
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
1 3/4 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Crisco
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Orange Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
3 Eggs

Topping
2 Tablespoons Flour
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Orange Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Orange Rind

SIFT TOGETHER FLOUR, BAKING POWDER AND SALT INTO LARGE MIXING BOWL. ADD SUGAR AND STIR. CUT IN SHORTENING (AS FOR PIE CRUST). ADD MILK, ORANGE EXTRACT, ALMOND EXTRACT, AND EGGS. BEAT THOROUGHLY. "DO NOT POUR INTO PAN YET"

TOPPING: COMBINE 3/4 CUP OF BATTER WITH FLOUR, BROWN SUGAR, CONFECTIONER'S SUGAR, ORANGE EXTRACT, AND ORANGE RIND. MIX WELL (ADD PECANS FOR A CRUNCHIER TOPPING.)

SPREAD TOPPING IN BOTTOM OF WELL-GREASED TUBE PAN. POUR BATTER ON TOP AND BAKE AT 375F FOR 45 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR. REMOVE FROM PAN IMMEDIATELY OR TOPPING WILL STICK.

VARIATION: SUBSTITUTE CAKE FLOUR FOR REGULAR FLOUR FOR A FINER TEXTURED CAKE. GREASE AND FLOUR TUBE PAN AND BAKE AT 350F FOR 50 TO 60 MINUTES

VARIATION OF TOPPING:
3/4 CUP BUTTER OR MARGARINE
2 TBSP FLOUR
3 TBSP BROWN SUGAR
1/4 TSP ORANGE EXTRACT

MIX TOPPING INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND BLEND WELL. SPREAD TOPPING IN BOTTOM OF WELL-GREASED TUBE PAN. SET ASIDE

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here