Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: recipes with breaded chicken tenders

Posted by aprilflower (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 12:33

I have a LOT (read: 10lbs) of breaded chicken tenders. One can only have so much chicken parmesan...

Looking for anything else to do with them. They are pre-breaded but not pre-cooked, just frozen. I don't have to cook them all at once. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
april

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: recipes with breaded chicken tenders

Wendy's is now featuring a "wrap" made of half a flour tortilla, 1 chicken tender (fried, grilled or spicy), mayo, shredded lettuce and grated mild cheddar cheese. I plan to get the components to make some for a quick lunch when I come home from work. I might mix Ranch dressing and mayo for a tangy dressing.

What about putting 2 on a hoagie bun for a sandwich?

I like to bake them then slice and put on a Caesar salad for a chicken Caesar salad.

Here is a Fried Chicken Salad from Rachael Ray - just use your chicken tenders:

Fried Chicken Salad

From Every Day with Rachael Ray
June-July 2006

FOUR SERVINGS
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups ranch dressing
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved

1. Place each chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound flat (about 1/2 inch thick). Cut into thin strips.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix the flour and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the ranch dressing with the milk, egg and Tabasco sauce.
3. Working in batches, dredge the chicken strips lightly in the flour, dip into the ranch batter, then coat with flour again and transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until rippling hot. Add enough chicken strips to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate. After the first batch, discard the oil, wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and heat another 3 tablespoons of oil. Fry the remaining strips, using fresh oil for each batch.
5. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and tomatoes with the remaining 1/2 cup of ranch dressing, or to taste. Divide among 4 plates and top with the chicken strips.

What about chopping them up and adding to a fried rice recipe?

I would try them with the P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps, dicing up the chicken and stir frying it first.

P. F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe #15865
This recipe is from Todd Wilbur and Top Secret Recipes
by Lali

25 min : 10 min prep

SERVES 2 -3

* 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 cup water chestnuts
* 2/3 cup mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons chopped onions
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce
Special Sauce
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon hot mustard
* 2 teaspoons water
* 1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar

1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5. Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6. Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
9. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10. As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
12. When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
14. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
16. Top with"Special Sauce".

o

My favorite use for them is to make a quick Chicken Parmigiana out of them.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a baking dish. Place the chicken tenders flat in the dish. Top with your favorite marinara sauce. Cover with shredded Mozzarella & grated Parmesan cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes.

o

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Sweet & Sour Sauce

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 can (13&1/4 oz) pineapple chunks
1/3 cup vinegar
1 Tbls soy sauce
1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped

Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in skillet. Stir in pineapple (with syrup), vinegar and soy sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens to your desired thickness. Stir in green pepper. Cover and simmer for about two more minutes.

o

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Had a "fried" (baked, really :-P ) chicken salad tonight, and have a grocery list going for ingredients for some of the others. I'm definitely going to try the sweet & sour chicken, looks delish!

Thanks again, all :-)

april

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here