Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Sour Cream Dill Potato Salad

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 12:16

I was looking for something different than the old standby mayo & mustard potato salad. Found a recipe in my Southern living cookbook, made a few changes and here is what I came up with. Tim even took some the next day in his lunch, and he doesn't care for potato salad!

Sour Cream Dill Potato Salad
(Inspired by a recipe found in Southern Living Cookbook)

3 lb. new potatoes, unpeeled
2/3 c mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!)
1/2 c radish, chopped or sliced
1/2 c chopped celery

1 c sour cream
2T chopped fresh dill
3T onion, grated
2T fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

1. Boil potatoes until tender, then dice and place in large bowl with radishes and celery.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Fold into vegetables.
3. Cover and chill. Garnish with fresh dill if desired.

6/07 Made recipe as printed, found it a tad bland. This is my adaptation which is more flavorful and has some crunch.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Sour Cream Dill Potato Salad

Linda, THANK YOU for your recipe! We're growing parsley, dill, onions, and radishes this year. Can't wait to try it!

chery2

o
RE: RECIPE: Sour Cream Dill Potato Salad

this sounds great to me! copied and pasted--thanx alot, linda!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here