Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanutbutter Frosting

Posted by zzeasy (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 07 at 11:11

Does anyone have a recipe for a Peanutbutter Fudge Frosting or somthing like a decorator icing with peanutbutter? Something not overpowering or sticky...? Thanks!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanutbutter Frosting

Here is one I found that is delicious in my opinion.The frosting has texture like fudge when cooled and spread on cake.

PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
1/2 c butter
1/3 c Milk
1/2 c Peanut butter
1 t. pure Vanilla
1 box Powdered sugar

INSTRUCTIONS:
Bring the butter, milk, and peanut butter to boil and remove from heat. Blend in vanilla and powdered sugar. Spread on warm cake.

o

I can not buy powdered sugar in a box here. I looked today.
Its all in plastic bags. How many cups in a box?
thanks

o

Powdered Sugar

1 lb. = 3 3/4 cups unsifted

Hope this helps!
:)

o

I have made both of these...it's a nice change, however, you must remember to store your cake in the fridge!

FLUFFY PB ICING
1 cup confectionary sugar
8 oz softened cream cheese
3/4 cup peanut butter
Blend with mixer until it's well mixed.

ADD:
8 oz Cool Whip...fold in until well blended

PEANUT BUTTER PUDDING FROSTING
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg Jello instant vanilla pudding (serves 4) 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup thawed Cool Whip

**Pour milk into bowl and add dry pudding mix. Beat until well blended.Mixture will be thick. Add peanut butter-beat till well blended. GENTLY stir in whipped topping. Makes enough to frost a 13x9.

o

Thanks for the replies. The one I used was tasty & kind of "fudgy" but I am really looking for one that is like a decorator-type peanut butter frosting. This one is pretty good though!

FLUFFERNUTTER FROSTING
1 cup marshmallow creme
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter or margarine -- softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar (I sifted & also used another 1/3 cup to make less gooey)
2 tablespoons milk
In small bowl with mixer at low speed, combine marshmallow creme, peanut butter and butter until blended. Increase speed to medium. Beat in confectioners' sugar, alternately with milk, adding just enough milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Beat in vanilla.

o

Put 1 jar of PB in large bowl and mix in Cream of Coconut mik with an electric mixer until it is the consistencey you like. Stir in dark chocolate chips... YUM. This is wonderful on banana cake

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here