Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chicken Grand Marnier

Posted by tmd15 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 13, 10 at 9:22

We used to go to a local restaurant that served a Chicken Grand Marnier appetizer that was flamed tableside. it was sweet but savory without having an overpowering sweet orange flavor. I did a search on it but none of the recipes seemed like they would capture the flavor that I remember. The restaurant is long gone but we enjoyed many good meals there. I was wondering if anyone out there has a similar recipe that is a favorite.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chicken Grand Marnier

I haven't tried this one. Does it sound similar?

Chicken Grand Marnier

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, cut in quarters
2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
1/3 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
1 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons butter
4 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until onions soften.

Transfer mixture to a shallow casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes. In a small sauce pan, warm the orange liquer over low heat (lukewarm, not hot).

Remove the casserole from the oven. Place it on the kitchen counter and invite your guests to watch the show.
Pour the liqueur over the chicken and vegetables and ignite it. When the flames die out, add the wine and return the casserole to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink inside.
Remove the casserole from the oven. Arrange the chicken and vegetables on a warm platter and keep hot. Reserve pan juices in the pan. Mix butter and flour to make a paste.
Stir paste into the pan juices, add cream and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened.

Garnish the serving platter with orange swirls and parsley, and serve with wild rice and vegetables.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chicken Grand Marnier

That sounds really good, but not similar. This had no vegetables or cream. It was a thin sauce. Tasted like it may have had some orange preserves or marmalade in it and maybe a bit of soy. I remember the flavor like it was yesterday (they have been closed for 20 years now) but so far, no luck in duplicating it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here