Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Cajun Rock Shrimp

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 9:12

I had this as a appetizer over cheese grits Sat night...It was spicey and had a creamy style breading on it. Id like a recipe that T&T Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Cajun Rock Shrimp

Know this isn't it, but you might get some ideas from recipe.
I love rock shrimp!
Used to buy them right off the boat, when I lived in Fl.

Here is a link that might be useful: cajun shrimp

o
oops!!

Here's the recipe

Cajun Shrimp over Grits
1-pound (26-30 count) shrimp
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1-teaspoon paprika
cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1-teaspoon hot sauce
2 teaspoons flour (or corn starch)
Hot cooked grits

Combine Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss together seasoning mixture and shrimp. Set aside.

In 10" skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and saut one minute. Add shrimp, 3/4-cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon, reserving broth mixture in skillet. Set shrimp aside.

Whisk together remaining cup chicken broth and flour (or cornstarch) until blended; whisk mixture into broth mixture in skillet and cook, whisking constantly 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp and cook one minute.

Serve immediately over grits.

NOTE: This is in one of the Southern Living magazines in early 2002, but I dont know which month. I tear them out and cook them as I get to them. It called for two pounds of shrimp but I only used one pound. However, I made the total amount of sauce called for in the recipe. I did use cornstarch rather than flour, as it thickens more quickly. I also served it over baked garlic grits rather than regular grits. Next time Ill try it over rice, as we both thought that would also be good.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Cajun Rock Shrimp

thanks!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here