Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking For A 1963 Recipe From Pillsbury

Posted by bcskye (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 2:38

In the 1963 Pillsbury Family Cookbook there was a recipe for a peach-apricot pie using commercially canned peaches and apricots. If anyone has this cookbook, I'd sure like a copy of the recipe. That was the first cookbook I had as a new bride and it was destroyed a couple of years ago. Loved that pie recipe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking For A 1963 Recipe From Pillsbury

Email pillsbury.com and they will send you the recipe.

o

Gotta love Ebay

Here is a link that might be useful: Two seconds of my time

o

We must be of the same vintage. I have this cookbook with many stains. The only canned fruit pie recipe is

Spicy Pineapple-Apricot Pie
1 recipe double crust pie shell
1 14 ounce can pineapple chuncks or tidbets
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
20 ounce can apricots
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
3 tablespoons butter
Oven 425 degrees
Drain pineapple liquid into saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch and add to saucepan. Cook stirring constantly till thickened. Drain apricots. Add drained pineapple and apricots to thickened juice and stir.
Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nutmeg and allspice and dot with butter. Top with top crust and crimp. Cut slits in top crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Then 325 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes. Till golden.
This may help. On the same page is a Fresh Peach Pie. The spices they use are:
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4/cinnamon.
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon almond extract.

o

Thank to all of you for your suggestions. I had seen the cookbook on ebay, but I bought one from there to replace the original at one time and hated to buy another after the last one got destroyed for just one recipe.

Kathyskitchen, thank you for the recipe you found. It sounds really good and I'll try it. I can't imagine where else I could have gotten the canned peach and apricot pie recipe. That was the only cookbook I used at the time. Regardless, thank you for your time and I now have a new recipe to try.

o

Hi
this is an apricot peach pie using dried apricots and canned peaches...not quite the same, but maybe close.

Here is a link that might be useful: apricot peach pie

o

still not exactly but maybe adaptable???

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/peach_apricot_torte
http://www.grouprecipes.com/7249/easy-peach-and-apricot-cobbler.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here