Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

LOOKING for: Best Fried Egg Sandwich

mangomoon
15 years ago

I am looking for a fabulous fried egg sandwich recipe, beyond, just the egg and the bread. In the movie "Spanglish", the cook makes a fabulous fried egg sandwich (close up shots in the movie), but I have no idea what else was in it. Darn...

Anyone have a family favorite or suggestions?

Comments (13)

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Here it is. Scroll down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fried Egg Sandwich

• becky_ca
    15 years ago

I don't know about the sandwich in the movie, but we do have a family favorite that my dad originally made - we call it "Egg McMarion" since his middle name is Marion :-)

Anyway - here's my family's version: Toast an English muffin, fry an egg (my dad poaches, but I don't have the patience), then melt some cheese over the top. We've used American, cheddar and Jack, they're all good. Butter the muffins if you want, then drizzle some honey on them. Top with the egg/cheese combo, and if you've got it you can add either some bacon, ham or Canadian bacon.

This is one of my son's favorite breakfasts. Personally, I also like an scrambled egg sandwich on wheat bread with bacon and raspberry jam.

Becky

• lindac
    15 years ago

Denver egg sandwich.
    Sautee a couple of tablespoons of onion and a table spoon of chopped green papper in a little butterin a large fry pan,
    Beat 2 eggs until fluffy gently pour over the cooking onions and peppers and with a spatula keep pushing the egg into the shape or a slice of bread. When set enough, flip the egg to cook the other side. Serve in white bread with a side of catsup.
    Or "cowboy down...pass the lighthouse."
    Linda C

• roselin32
    15 years ago

When we were in New Zealand last month, we ordered a burger and what we got was a bun, burger, lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese,catsup, and a fried egg. Was way too big to pick up and eat so we did it with a knife and fork. Was good though. Was at the "Toot 'n Whistle"!
    RL`

• rachelellen
    15 years ago

I laughed when I saw this thread!

This past weekend, my husband and I went on an overnight road trip to see a show. We love the backroads, and generally try not to get on the freeway if we can help it (we like scenery).

In a little town, there was a diner we stopped at to ask about our route, and on the menu they had a fried egg sandwich. I commented to my husband that I hadn't seen a fried egg sandwich listed on a menu for years...and I come home to find someone has started a thread about them!

I often take my breakfast with me in the morning, because my tummy just doesn't like food unless I've been up and about for a good 3 hours. One of my favorites is a fried egg sandwich, on an English muffin or rye bread, with melted Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, crisp bacon, and ketchup. It tastes good hot or cold, so I can eat it when I'm ready. If I have a bit of leftover Hollandaise sauce, a ripe avocado or some sun dried tomato & olive tapenade, I substitute one of them for the ketchup.

• blizlady
    15 years ago

What a great thread! When my hubby make a fried egg sandwich, he usually cracks a couple eggs in a small fry pan and pokes the yolks to break them. Season with salt & pepper and fry until done. Place eggs between 2 slices of buttered hearty wheat toast with 2-3 slices of crispy fried bacon. Yum!

• mandogirl
    15 years ago

Heaven on earth is a scrapple, egg, and cheese on a long roll with extra ketchup. Can you tell I'm from Philly? ;-) We're serious about our sandwiches. Seriously, if you eat one of those for breakfast, you don't need to eat until dinner, and maybe not even then. I don't eat them anymore.

But an egg and cheese with or without bacon on rye toast is mighty nice, too.

• lindac
    15 years ago

Oh....and Taylor pork roll, fried on a hard roll with a fried egg and lettuce and mayo and tomato!

• tennandy
    15 years ago

I like to do the egg in the microwave .
    beat 2 eggs in a bowl with a splash of milk and seasonings.
    put in microwave for 1 minute.
    flip over and top with cheese, microwave an additional 15 seconds. a perfect fluffy egg every time. quick and easy to make with no pans to clean. add between your favorite bread with mayo and a big slice of juicy tomato.

• pink_warm_mama_1
    15 years ago

Mandogirl you made my nmouth water! Here in Maine there is no such thing as scrapple, and they don't seem to know what they are missing. Don't want to upset anyone, but I like my fried-egg-sandwich with the yolk soft. Sorry.

• jtwtech
    15 years ago

I like to do the egg in the microwave .
    beat 2 eggs in a bowl with a splash of milk and seasonings.
    put in microwave for 1 minute.
    flip over and top with cheese, microwave an additional 15 seconds. a perfect fluffy egg every time. quick and easy to make with no pans to clean. add between your favorite bread with mayo and a big slice of juicy tomato.

I do almost the exact same thing. I beat 2 eggs with milk and seasonings, however my microwave takes 1:30. The eggs slide right out of the bowl and are in a perfect circle. Simple and is great.

• phocidae1_gmail_com
    12 years ago

veggie patty, fried egg, cheese, ham, sprouts, dijon mustard on wheat bun

• Larkie Martin
    12 years ago

Have to have mayo, cheese , and mustard.. Any meat of choice if you prefer. Black pepper..

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz