Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Banana Daiquiri

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 22:19

Thinking of refreshing summery beverageas gave me a craving for a Banana Daiquiri like I had several years ago in St. Thomas.

Does anyone have a T&T recipe for an awesome Banana Daiquiri?

An aside to Ginger: I googled some recipes, and some called for lime juice, some called for cream, some called for mashed banana, some did not...by any chance do you have any idea what may or may not be in
the BD's served at Mountain Top?

Thanks!

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Banana Daiquiri

The ones at Mountaintop don't have cream in them. Use really ripe bananas.
BANANA DAIQUIRI
1 large ripe banana
2 oz dark Cruzan rum
Splash of Triple Sec
1/2 oz simple syrup
Ice

Put all in the blender & whiz it up, adding ice until thick.

When they make them at Mountaintop they use a large blender & put 4 ripe bananas in, then pour the other ingredients in. Then they pour it in the glass & put a floater of more Cruzan on top.

o

Oh, they may use that yellow sour stuff in them but lime juice would work as well, I'd think.

o

I thought the Mountain Top daiquiri was made with a banana liqueur?

I will try your recipe, Ginger. I may make a bucket of these for Mothers Day Brunch!

Linda

o

Yes, it has that too. They sell a mix with all the ingredients except ice & the ripe bananas.

o

Got it. I picked up some Cruzan dark rum this morning, and some bananas. I chose the ripest ones they had, they'll be perfect in a day or so!

I got come Creme de Banana, too just in case.

I'll be testing this out for Mother's Day, I am sure they will be wonderful!

Linda

o

Oh these sound so good but I'm a bit confused.

Is it the recipe you originally posted Ginger, plus lime juice and banana liqueur or are those variables?

o

Sharon, I think those are variables. I started playing with this this afternoon (hic), and right now I am at this point. (Makes 2 drinks)

1/3 c Cruzan dark rum
1/3 c Creme de Banana Liqueur
1/2 ripe banana
1/3 c sweet & sour

So far this is really good, I have tried different amounts of ingredients, and I tried lime juice, but it was overpowering.

I think I will sub pineapple juice for the sweet & sour next batch and see how that tastes. I think I might have a winner pretty soon!

Geez, for some reason I had to do a LOT of proofreading and fixing on this post! LOL

Linda

o

Linda thanks!

Keep me posted on the outcomes but I think I would rather be doing the experimenting!

Girlfriend, we will have our day!

o

Well, I found out it doesn't take too many banana daiquiris to kick my butt! LOL

So the winning recipe is as follows:

Banana Daiquiri

1/3 c Cruzan dark rum
1/3 c Creme de Banana Liqueur
1/2 ripe banana
1/3 c pineapple juice
splash of triple sec

Linda

o

They do sound good!

And if you really want your butt kicked quickly, use 99 Bananas instead of Creme de Banana. The first is 99 proof, the latter is about 40 proof.

Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here