Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

LOOKING for: Banana Daiquiri

doucanoe
15 years ago

Thinking of refreshing summery beverageas gave me a craving for a Banana Daiquiri like I had several years ago in St. Thomas.

Does anyone have a T&T recipe for an awesome Banana Daiquiri?

An aside to Ginger: I googled some recipes, and some called for lime juice, some called for cream, some called for mashed banana, some did not...by any chance do you have any idea what may or may not be in

the BD's served at Mountain Top?

Thanks!

Linda

Comments (10)

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

The ones at Mountaintop don't have cream in them. Use really ripe bananas.
    BANANA DAIQUIRI
    1 large ripe banana
    2 oz dark Cruzan rum
    Splash of Triple Sec
    1/2 oz simple syrup
    Ice

Put all in the blender & whiz it up, adding ice until thick.

When they make them at Mountaintop they use a large blender & put 4 ripe bananas in, then pour the other ingredients in. Then they pour it in the glass & put a floater of more Cruzan on top.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Oh, they may use that yellow sour stuff in them but lime juice would work as well, I'd think.

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I thought the Mountain Top daiquiri was made with a banana liqueur?

I will try your recipe, Ginger. I may make a bucket of these for Mothers Day Brunch!

Linda

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Yes, it has that too. They sell a mix with all the ingredients except ice & the ripe bananas.

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Got it. I picked up some Cruzan dark rum this morning, and some bananas. I chose the ripest ones they had, they'll be perfect in a day or so!

I got come Creme de Banana, too just in case.

I'll be testing this out for Mother's Day, I am sure they will be wonderful!

Linda

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

Oh these sound so good but I'm a bit confused.

Is it the recipe you originally posted Ginger, plus lime juice and banana liqueur or are those variables?

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon, I think those are variables. I started playing with this this afternoon (hic), and right now I am at this point. (Makes 2 drinks)

1/3 c Cruzan dark rum
    1/3 c Creme de Banana Liqueur
    1/2 ripe banana
    1/3 c sweet & sour

So far this is really good, I have tried different amounts of ingredients, and I tried lime juice, but it was overpowering.

I think I will sub pineapple juice for the sweet & sour next batch and see how that tastes. I think I might have a winner pretty soon!

Geez, for some reason I had to do a LOT of proofreading and fixing on this post! LOL

Linda

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

Linda thanks!

Keep me posted on the outcomes but I think I would rather be doing the experimenting!

Girlfriend, we will have our day!

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I found out it doesn't take too many banana daiquiris to kick my butt! LOL

So the winning recipe is as follows:

Banana Daiquiri

1/3 c Cruzan dark rum
    1/3 c Creme de Banana Liqueur
    1/2 ripe banana
    1/3 c pineapple juice
    splash of triple sec

Linda

• caliloo
    15 years ago

They do sound good!

And if you really want your butt kicked quickly, use 99 Bananas instead of Creme de Banana. The first is 99 proof, the latter is about 40 proof.

Alexa