Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: tuscan tomato bisque

Posted by mortiseman (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 21:01

I'm brand new to the forum and am looking for a recipe for a tuscan tomato bisque like they have at BJ's brewery.

Anyone got a good one?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: tuscan tomato bisque

Welcome to the forum! I have no idea about the soup from BJ's Brewery - never heard of it - but can I please offer up a really great recipe from KatieC? I didn't add any cream and it was rich and delicious without it.

Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup
Recipe By : Katie C.

12 tomatoes -- *see Note
2 carrots -- cut in 1" pieces
1 large onion -- quartered
2 whole heads garlic -- peeled (or more, to taste)
olive oil
2 cups chicken broth -- (or 3)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil -- (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
cream -- to taste

Core tomatoes and cut in half. Place, cut side up, on foil covered cookie sheet with carrots, onion and garlic. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 400F for about an hour, or until vegies are roasted and a little blackened.
Place in a large saucepan with the chicken broth and basil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Blend with a stick blender (or in small batches in a blender) until almost smooth.

Add cream to taste.

*Note: These measurements are approximate...I use whatever it takes to cover the cookie sheet. This makes 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of soup.

o
RE: LOOKING for: tuscan tomato bisque

i second katie's recipe. ever since she posted it a few years back, it's the one i make. it's excellent!

maryanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here