Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 20:57

Here's another ice cream delight I wanted to share. I substituted chocolate chip cookies since I don't like Oreos.

1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 8oz. tub cool whip, thawed, divided
1 (4 serving) pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
8 Oreo cookies
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches

pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl. stir in 1 cup of the cool whip with a wire whisk until it's well blended. add in the dry pudding mix;stir 2 minutes or until well blended. the consistency of the fudge topping can vary so if the topping mix is to thick and hard to spread, stir in 1/4 cup milk.

chop the oreo cookies rougly into chunks. stir into pudding mixture. arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side by side, on a 24x12 piece of foil; top with half of the pudding mix. repeat layers.

top the pudding mix with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. the layers create a neat striped effect when sliced. frost the top and sides with the remaining cool whip.

bring up the foil sides. double fold top and ends to loosely seal the packet. freeze at least 4 hrs. before serving. let stand at room temp. to soften slightly before serving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake

I think this recipe would make some kids very happy. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here