Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: wqed pasta recipe

Posted by obrienwv (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 08 at 17:01

Our PBS station had a cooking show on today that demonstrated penne pasta with a sauce made from squash and anchovies that sounded delicious. Did anyone else see it and copy the recipe? It's in their "P is for PASTA" cookbook also. Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: wqed pasta recipe

Can you let us know the name of the show or the chef's name? I know there are quite a few cook shows on PBS and I didn't have a chance to watch it today. That may help in doing a search.

o

This was on the Pittsburgh PBS station - WQED and was a local show with Chris Fennimore. They were promoting their "P is for Pasta" cookbook. Thanks for any help that you can give.

o
Couldn't find recipe

Well, I found WQED's website and they listed all the shows from today including "P is for Pasta". But they didn't post any recipes - only listed what the show was about. Maybe someone else watched the show and remembers the ingredients. Sorry I couldn't help!

o
Recipe by Mario Batali

Here is a squash and anchovy pasta dish by Mario Batali. Maybe the ingredients are similar enough for you to duplicate the recipe. Scroll down a bit and there is a picture with the recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fettuccine con Zucca e Pangrattato

o

Go to wqed.org, click on TV, then food. Type in zucchini under recipes. "Angel Hair Pasta with Squash. This is a great recipe.

o

wqed :penne con zucca: p is for pasta
4T evoo
1 med onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic thinly sliced
4-6 salt packed anchovy fillet, soaked in milk 20 min,
rinsed and drained
1 lb butternut squash diced small cubes
fresh ground blk pep
1 lb penne
1/4C finely chop flat leaf parsley
1/2C toasted fresh bread crumb

o
RE: looking for: wqed pasta recipe directions

boil 5 qts water 2T salt cook penne al dente
while water is heating and pasta is cooking
heat 2 T evoo in large saute pan over med heat
add onion, garlic,and anchovies cook til onion is soft
add squash cubes and toss til squash is tender and browned at the edges, season w/salt & pepper removed from heat
add drained penne,parsley, 2 T evoo, toss over hi heat 1 min
top with toasted bread crumbs serve immediately

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here