Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chiles

Posted by pink_warm_mama_1 (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 16:58

Since I enjoy no foods with heat, I know nothing about chiles. Is there one that can be used just for flavor without burning one's tongue off? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chiles

The only mild one I know is the California chile. Ortega sells canned ones, chopped or whole (to stuff with cheese for chile rellenos).

If you love the flavor of a hot chile you can cool it down by cutting apart and under running water (with rubber gloves) rub out the seeds and breaking the inner membrane which holds the fiery hot fluid, letting the water rinse it away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here