Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Your best Margarita!

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 07 at 14:04

I have a great Appletini recipe for my Spa Night but I want to serve a great Margarita...no pre mix recipes please! TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Your best Margarita!

Here's my post from one summer in Canada when my son-in-law made the BEST watermelon margueritas!

* Posted by: Canarybird (My Page) on Sat, Aug 13, 05 at 17:41

Watermelon Margarita

This is the best margarita I've ever tasted ! My son-in-law Dick made these for my birthday and again the other night for dinner. Missing from the pic is the slice of lime on the edge of the glass and the watermelon wedges. I could drink these by the liter ! They are sooo refreshing and not at all too sweet.

Watermelon Margarita

2 cups cubed, seedless watermelon, cut small
2 oz tequila
1 oz orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
4 lime and 4 watermelon wedges for garnishing

1. Freeze watermelon on a plastic wrap-lined plate until frozen solid
2. Place in a blender with the other ingredients and blend until smooth and light
3. Pour into a well-chilled glass, garnish with lime and watermelon wedges and serve immediately.

Source: Times Colonist Victoria Newspaper

SharonCb

o

My best Margarita? You don't want to know!! Put you on your fanny so fast!!
But here goes!
2 oz fresh lime juice
2 oz Herradura gold
2 tsp sugar
1 oz Gran Mariner
Shake with ice and serve with in a salt rimmed glass...
If you are doing them for a crowd, you can mix up
1 cup lime juice
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup Grand Mariner
3 tablespoon of sugar
Stir until sugar is dissolved, freeze and pour over crushed ice.
The Herradura and the Grand Mariner as well as the fresh lime are what make the drink.
Linda C

o

Hi, I'm just popping in from the garden forums side and just HAD to put in my two cents here as my dh and I LOVE margaritas and have them almost every weekend. The best one we ever had was in San Antonio at a restaurant on the riverwalk called Las Canarias.
They used:
Sauza Commemorativo-big jigger full
Cointreau - sm. jigger
Grand Marnier - sm. jigger
Simple syrup - to taste
Juice of one lime.
It is the smoothest, best-tasting margarita I've ever had! We bought the ingredients (cost about $75 for all) and made them at home for a special occasion. Ours were just as good! Since then, we've opted for a little less expensive version but still great tasting.
For two we use:
2 oz. tequila (your choice but the better the tequila, the smoother the taste)
1 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water boiled until sugar dissolves. We make it up ahead of time and keep it in a recycled glass bottle with a screw on lid.)
Juice of one lime
Measure and pour all ing. in a shaker, then pour into margarita glasses over crushed ice.

This is our basic recipe and we can change it around by using different tequilas and liquers (cointreau or gran marnier in place of triple sec). Sometimes we splurge with the more expensive stuff and often times we use the cheaper, basic stuff. Either way, it's a great margarita and no gross pre-mixed taste!
Have fun at your party!
Stephanie

o

I think at some point through this summer I will try all 3!!!!!!

o
sharon

sharon how many does your recipe yield???

o

My co-worker gave us this recipe many years ago.
You can't drink more than one or two of these or you will be drunker than Cooter Brown!

2 shots Jose Cuervo Gold (or other good Tequila
1 shot triple sec
3/4 c. sweet & sour mix
3/4 c. orange juice
1 shot Bud Light
Wedge of lime
Salt for rim (optional)

Add all ingredients in a quart size container (except the beer)
Salt the rim of your glass or the container.
Add ice, mix ingredients well, pour into glass and splash the beer on top.

This sounds strange but it is a good Margarita!

Who the heck is Cooter Brown???

o
bring up

up she goes

o

I know this is late...but we are hooked on these here. I got these off the net...and yes...was a bit leary of the Corona beer....but they are really good! And very very easy to throw together.

1 can frozen limeade, thawed
1 can tequila (1800 is used here)
1 can or 12 oz of Slice or Sierra Mist, or 7up
1 bottle Corona beer

Stir together and refrigerate. I like to freeze mine and scoop out and drink as a slushy.

When I have the $$, I really like to squeeze limes (and usually a lemon or two) and then make the drink 50-50...1/2 lime juice and 1/2 tequila. No sugar. If I am making them this way and having company, I will make a sugar syrup and add a good dose of syrup to the glass.

I have made grapefruit ones before too...not bad...cheaper than the limes! Watermelon ones are very good also! Especially if you are one that likes to salt their watermelon when you eat it.

o

My husband and I are asked to bring a big batch of these margaritas to "events" all the time! We nearly always have a container full in the refrigerator - both summer and winter!

Margaritas

1 12-oz frozen limeade concentrate
2 cups GOOD tequila
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
1 cup water
juice of 2 lemons

Stir ingredients together in a pitcher and refrigerate until needed. Serve in lime-rimmed, salted glasses over ice....lots of ice. These can sneak up on you pretty fast because they go down so easily!

o

Could not resist posting this :o)

TEQUILA

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU:

1) have nothing to do

2) own a sharp knife

3) have a large lime

4) own a patient cat

5) drink too much tequila

o

Ya wanna talk smoooooth?? Try these. I make a big batch every summer!

Vanilla Margaritas

1 part good quality tequila
1 part grand marnier
1 part triple sec
1 vanilla bean

Combine all ingredients in a bottle or jar with cover. Let sit for at least 2 months.

When ready, mix with your favorite margarita mix and enjoy!

Linda

PS..LOL at Glenda's cat helmet!

o

I'll second Aquablue's recipe. I use that exact recipe and it is da' bomb! I didn't think it was going to work when I first made it, but the end result is VERY good!

I use Sauza Gold tequila, as it has a smoother and slightly sweeter flavor than Jose Cuervo.

YUM!

o

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick word about SharonCb's watermelon margaritas. We tried them this weekend for Father's Day and they were AMAZING! So refreshing out by the pool, and very smooth going down. I recommend them highly, and the sweeter the watermelon is, the better.
Thanks Sharon for sharing the recipe!
DONNA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here