Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
labmomma

RECIPE: Need a Signature Drink Recipe

labmomma
16 years ago

I am throwing an informal birthday party for my SIL and would like to make one signature drink that can be made in advance. Would like one that without alcohol would be palatable to kids as well. The menu is very casual. Any ideas? Recipes?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

• lindac
    16 years ago

Maybe I am boring, but Cranberry cocktail mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with 7UP is wjhat I most orten use....not too sweet that you can't drink it with a meal...you can add some vodka or mango rum if you are feeling adventurous and it's pretty for kids. Serve with a slice of lime.
    Another one is strawberry kiwi with club soda...it's too sweet to use 7UP so I mix in some club soda....and it's lovely and pink.
    Linda C

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

You could have the rum at the side to add for the adults with this one:
    STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI PUNCH (serves 8-12)
    6 cups fresh strawberries, stems & caps removed (or 6 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, undrained)
    6 oz can frozen limeade concentrate
    3/4 cup light rum OR unsweetened pineapple juice
    16 oz bottle lemon-lime soda
    2 cups ice cubes

Place berries, half at a time in blender or processor. Cover & blend until smooth. Transfer blended berries to large non-metallic pitcher. Stir in limeade concentrate & rum or pineapple juice. Cover & chill until serving time.
    Jus tbefore serving, stir in lemon0lim soda & ice. Garnish w/whol berries, if desired.~~A Slice of Paradise

Vodka can be served with this one:
    CITRUS COOLER (serves 4)
    6 oz can lemonade concentrate, thawed
    6 oz can pineapple juice
    1/2 quart orange juice
    Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish

In a quart jar, combine the lemonade & pineapple juice. Fill the remainder of the jar w/the orange juice. Serve over ice garnished w/fresh mint.~~Food For Thought

Rum can be added to this:
    CRANBERRY PUNCH (serves 30)
    4 cups cranberry juice
    4 cups pineapple juice
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 TBL almond extract
    2 liters ginger ale
    Fresh fruit slices

combine the juices, sugar & almond extract in a large pitcher & stir until the sugar dissolves. Chill. Add the ginger ale just before serving. Garnish w/fruit slices. Serve over ice.~~Austin Entertains

• khandi
    16 years ago

This is good!

Cranberry Punch

2 cups cranberry cocktail
    1 cup pineapple juice
    2 cups ginger ale

Combine first 2 ingredients and chill. Do not add ginger ale until ready to serve punch so that it doesnÂt go flat.

Add frozen raspberries to the punch as a garnish and/or make ice cubes out of cranberry cocktail and pineapple juice (red and yellow cubes) so that it doesnÂt water down the punch and keeps it chilled. Or put some of the punch mixture (without the ginger ale) into a bundt cake pan and freeze. When frozen solid, dip pan in hot water to loosen then put the big cube into the punch bowl. It keeps the punch chilled for quite some time.

Variation: Add 2 cups orange juice, or red wine (to taste).

• glenda_al
    16 years ago

This is a Food Network recipe.
    Fresh lemonade
    1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
    1/2 to 3/4 cup superfine sugar, to taste
    1 cup crushed ice
    4 cups water

Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Serve over ice.

Add vodka for adults.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville