Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Frosty Orange Dream Squares

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 12:19

For those of us who remember eating the Orange Creamsicles as children this receipe will take you back with a smile. ENJOY!!!

40 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed (about 1/1-2 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg (4 serving size) JelloVanilla Instant Pudding
1 8oz tub cool whip, thawed, divided
2 cups orange sherbert, softened

Line 13x9 pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press firmly over bottom of prepared pan; set aside until ready to use.

Add milk to pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Spoon evenly over crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Add remaining whipped topping to sherbert; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon evenly over pudding layer; cover

Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight. Use foil handles to remove desert from pan before cutting into squares to serve. Store leftover dessert in freezer.

Makes 24 serving 1 square each.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Frosty Orange Dream Squares

Sounds like a nice summer dessert.............so far, we've not gotten summer here yet. Don't know where our global warming is.
Will print this out though........know we would like it.
Thanks.

o

Roselin 32, it is a great summer dessert and so is the Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream cake I posted. where do u live? I'm in PA and it's been pretty darn hot for being only May.

o

I'm in Texas and 86 is as high as it has been so far this year. Craziest spring we've had since we moved here.
Will look at your Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake too. Thanks for the tip.

o

I'm in Texas too and usually we are getting close to 100 degrees and going to get hotter. This weather is crazy and our crops are not growing, no hot weather,,,

Deedee, your Orange Dream Squares sound wonderful and so does the Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake, they are both on my to try list and thank you for the recipes.

o

You are all very welcome. Glad to share them with you.

o

printed it and will make it this summer thanks a lot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here