Thanks,
Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Ann's Perfect Roasted Potates

Why not ask at the cooking forum?

o
RE: LOOKING for: Found? Ann's Perfect Roasted Potates

Found this post doing a search of the whole site. Hope this helps.

RE: What's For Dinner? #286 Brought to you by
clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 10:48

Terri, roasted potatoes are really easy to make. I use russett potatoes, and in this case they were small russetts so I left them whole. Large baking/russets can be cut in half or quartered. Par boil for about 5 to 7 minutes depending on size. While the potatoes are boiling turn the oven on to 400F , add a little oil to a heavy pan (I use a cast iron frying pan) and place the pan in the oven to heat. Drain and put the potatoes back in the pot over low heat and give the pan a shake. This will rough up the potatoes surface. Now toss the potatoes with the hot oil and roast in the oven turning occasionally so they brown evenly. This method produces perfect roasted potatoes. Crispy on the outside and dry and fluffy on the inside. Great just salted or tossed with fresh grated parmesan.
Ann

o

This sounds so good (and here I just returned to phase 1 of the south beach diet)...~sigh~...but I'm tucking this recipe away in my Recipe Keeper 'cause I'm going to make these potatoes in a few months :) I've made roasted potatoes before but did them the long way (didn't parboil them)...this sounds really good.

o

As per Ginger's instructions above, after I put the oil on the baking sheet, before I toss the potatoes in oil, I put garlic salt or garlic powder, McCormick's Parmesean seasoning mix, black pepper, or whatever your favorite dry seasoning it, mix with the oil and toss potatoes in oil/seasoning mixture. According to Ginger's instructions, they are perfect. Got the idea for the seasonings from Rachael Rae. This is how she cooks roasted potatoes. Just make sure you boil potatoes until they are about half or so done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here