Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dejane_gw

RECIPE: Awesome Strawberry Cake

dejane
12 years ago

Looking for an awesome strawberry cake recipe, would love Martha Stamps at the Plantation recipe if anyone has it.

Comments (5)

• blizlady
    12 years ago

I tried to find the Martha Stamps recipe, but it seems you have to purchase the cook book. Maybe somebody out there has that cook book.

• blizlady
    12 years ago

In the mean time I searched around and this cake kept popping up as a favorite. Some make a cream cheese frosting with the berries, but this recipe has a butter cream frosting. It starts out with a mix, but the people say it tastes home made because of the additions.

By: GCB_Mommy on 10/18/2002 2:25:24 PM

I have an absolutely *awesome* recipe for strawberry cake. I am going to give the whole recipe as I know it and you can take from it what you like to make the Black Forest creation! :) There is no copyright that I know of!

1 box white cake mix
    1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry jello
    1 cup sweetened mashed strawberries, drained
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup juice from berries (add water if needed to equal 1/2 cup)
    4 eggs

Using electric mixer, mix all ingredients together and beat well. Pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (adjust depending on the size of pan you use). Cool cake.

FROSTING
    Cream 1 stick of butter with 1 box of 10X powdered sugar. blend in 1/2 cup drained, mashed berries. Add a few drops of juice if needed. Frost completely cooled cake.

• blizlady
    12 years ago

I was just going through my facebook wall and somebody posted a site for southern cooking and this wonderful sounding strawberry cake. Again, probably not the one you are looking for, but it sure does sound good!

Contributed by Sheila Hamblin-Windom

Strawberry Pecan Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 cake pans.

Mix the following ingredients:

1 box white cake mix
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup coconut
    1 box strawberry jello
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup veg. oil
    1 cup pecan

Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

Topping and filling

1 stick butter
    1/2 cup drained frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup pecans
    1 box confectioners sugar
    1/2 cup coconut

For topping and filling: Cream sugar and butter, fold in other ingredients...Spread over cake.

I'm not sure if you can see this picture and link unless you have a facebook account, but it sure does look yummy!

Here is a link that might be useful: [strawberry coconut pecan cake](https://www.facebook.com/SouthernRecipes#!/photo.php?fbid=10150200477523945&set=pu.177373323944&type=1&theater)
  • blizlady
    12 years ago

I'm not sure if you are still interested in trying to find a good strawberry cake, but here is one that is from scratch that sounds really good.

Here is a link that might be useful: strawberry sheet cake

• Claire Buoyant
    12 years ago

This is always a huge hit.

Crazy Strawberry Cake

Spread a 10 oz. pkg. miniature marshmallows in a greased 10x13 pan.

Prepare a yellow cake according to box directions and spread the batter over the marshmallows.

Sprinkle a 3 oz box of strawberry Jell-O powder over wet cake batter.

Then spread a 16 oz container of slice strawberries, slightly thawed.
    Drizzle 2/3 cup of water over all and bake 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

The marshmallows come to the top and the strawberries go to the bottom during baking.

Cool and top with Cool Whip.

My note: This is great as a make-ahead dessert as it keeps its moisture quite well. I used sugar-free Jell-O and no sugar- added frozen berries with great success. Of course, fresh strawberries and real whipped cream would be even better. :D

Claire