Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Ginger...I need your help please!

Posted by sally_grower (My Page) on
Wed, May 13, 09 at 9:38

Hi Ginger, I just put this beauty in the oven. My problem was that there is no Baking soda listed in the ingredients. I used 1 1/2 tsp since it seems like a large cake. Did I do it right? The batter sure looked nice. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe.
Sally

Posted by ginger_st_thomas (My Page) on Fri, Jun 27, 08 at 2:45

This one's definitely not dry:
NO FAULT SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups regular cake flour, not self-rising
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300. Grease & flour a 9" tube or bundt pan.
Cream the butter & sugar together until light & fluffy. Add the eggs, two at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Sift together the cake flour & baking powder. Add to the butter mixture alternately w/the sour cream beginning & ending with flour. Blend in the almond & vanilla. Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until the cake shrinks slightly from the sides of the pan.
Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then invert on a rack, turn upright, and allow to cool completely.~~Sunsational

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Ginger...I need your help please!

Well, I guess I did OK. I'm not much of a photographer, but it did turn out pretty and the crumbs taste great. Thanks Ginger.
Sally
Sour Cream Pound Cake

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here