Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ca

RECIPE: Pasta with Shrimp & Broccoli

becky_ca
14 years ago

I made this last night for dinner, and it's a keeper. I pretty much stuck to the recipe, although I used fresh broccoli and about 8 ounces of penne. I also used the whole cup of cream because I really wasn't sure what to do with just 1/2 cup of whipping cream left in the container. Since I had some cooked frozen shrimp to use, I added the full amount of garlic to the sauce and just added the shrimp at the end.

Okay, so other than that, I pretty much stuck to the recipe... LOL

Becky

* Exported from MasterCook *

Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 package angel hair pasta -- (12 ounce)

2 1/2 tablespoons butter -- divided

1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 tablespoons pesto

1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

3 cloves garlic -- minced

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

2 teaspoons salt -- divided

1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper

1 dash Worcestershire sauce

1 dash hot sauce

1/2 package frozen broccoli -- (16 ounce)

florets -- thawed

1 pound jumbo shrimp -- peeled and deveined

3 cloves garlic -- minced

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

2. Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cream; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pesto, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.

3. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.

4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Saute shrimp, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.

5. In a large bowl, toss pasta, shrimp and broccoli; pour sauce over and serve.

www.allrecipes.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments (8)