Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: your fav honey mustard dressing?

Posted by carol_ann (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 07 at 9:16

When we eat out, I often eat a salad with grilled chicken and honey mustard dressing, but I've never bought any for home use or tried to make my own... does anyone have a favorite recipe they'd share with me? Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: your fav honey mustard dressing?

I just wing it when making that sort of thing.

A little Dijon squirted into some sour cream or yogurt, depending on my mood, and a drizzle or two of honey. Maybe a twist or three of black pepper.

If this is too thick for you, thin it with a few drops of cream or a dollop of mayo.

o

HONEY ORANGE DRESSING
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 TBL minced fresh parsley
Pepper

Whisk all ingredients together. Serve over baby lettuces & serve immediately.~~California Fresh Harvest
It's fat-free but still good.

o

Can't be, Ginger........no cream!! LOL

o

This goes great with chicken...

Honey Mustard Sauce (Restaurant Style)

1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup mayo
1 TBSP dried onion flakes
(Combine all, let sit a while so the onion flakes soften a bit)

o

This is the dressing I serve over mixed greens, thinly sliced red onion and crumbled feta cheese. Top the salad with sliced pecan-crusted chicken breast for an unforgettable taste treat!

Cut 2 chicken breast halves in half again and pound lightly to flatten before dipping them in a mixture of 2 egg whites, 2 tsp cornstarch and juice of half a lemon. Next, dip the breasts in pecan coating (use 1 cup dry bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper, zest of a lemon, 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, a pinch each of dried oregano, thyme, paprika and cayenne.) Saute chicken in olive oil until crispy and cooked through ....only a few minutes per side.

Honey Mustard Dressing

1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped shallots
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients until blended.

o

I have a very simple dipping sauce recipe with only three ingredients that easily converts to a salad dressing with one additional ingredient. It also tastes just like the ones that I have had in restaurants. I looked for it for quite some time and when I found one that was close I reduced the ingredients until it tasted the way I liked. You can find the recipe here

http://www.squidoo.com/honey-mustard-sauce

Here is a link that might be useful: Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce and Salad Dressing Recipe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here