Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: simple 8th grade swim party dessert?

Posted by bela67 (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 08 at 8:53

My daughter is going to a 8th grade grad swim party and the girls are suggested to bring desserts. I was thinking simple rice krispy treats as they won't be all melty and they are easy. BUT im all about doing something more fun. Any suggestions? It has to be somewhat easy for kids to run around with and maybe refreshing something that won't be too messy or melty. Any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: simple 8th grade swim party dessert?

How about M and M cookies with the M and M's in the school colors?
Or how about a fruit pizza? I use pillsbury crescent roll dough and overlap and press into the pan...prick all over with a fork sprinkle on cinnamon sugar and bake until golden
When cool top with an 8 of package of cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.... add fruit of your choice (bananas, strawberries, kiwi, blue berries, peaches etc) and sprinkle with more powdered sugar.I like the crescent rolls better than cookie dough as it's less crumbley.
Linda C

o

Thank you i like the school color thing!! that could be fun! oh i love fruit pizza too!

o

If you're in for 'something fun?' Use either 1 banana per person or cut in half (my preference) w/a plastic knife. Insert wooden skewer from the cut end of the banana. (they have shorter than chopstix size at the grocery of cake supply place.) In a small, deep microwavable bowl, melt milk chocolate chips in the mircrowave or stovetop (per pkg directions, ) and dip the bananas into the chocolate-spin the stick slightly to remove excess. Roll in crushed peanuts that are placed on waxed paper. Put a sheet of waxed or parchment paper on to a cookie sheet & place the dipped banana stix on it & freeze until serving. Kids LOVE them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here