Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: 'Doctored' Three Bean Salad?

Posted by dave_in_virginia (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 8:45

A friend overheard some nurses outside her hospital room discussing some recipes that started with a jar of three-bean salad and added black beans, maybe ketchup, and even some ground beef to make a baked bean recipe. Soon after, she went into surgery and was never able to follow up and ask about it. We have searched online and found no mention of such a dish. Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: 'Doctored' Three Bean Salad?

Could she have meant something like cowboy beans or calico beans? I have never used a jar of 3 bean salad, but instead cans of 3 or 4 different types of beans (navy, butter, kidney, black, and then a can of pork & beans). I add ketchup, sauteed ground beef, cooked bacon, and brown sugar. A 3 bean salad is marinated with vinegar and sugar, but maybe that's what she uses instead of plain beans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here