Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Strawberry Spinache Salad

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 08 at 8:40

Ive posted this a couple of years ago,someone is looking for Strawberry Recipes......2 bags fresh baby Spinache,1 1/2 pints straeberrys quartered,1/4 cup sugar,3 tablespoons Cider Vinegar,1 tablespoon chopped Onion,1 tsp dry mustard 1/2 tsp salt,2/3 cup vegetable oil,1 tablespoon poppy seeds.......Add sugar,vinegar,onion,mustard and salt to blender,blend to smooth,with blender running add oil in a slow steady stream until blended,add poppy seed mix with spoon pour over the spinache strawberry mixture. This is one of our favorite Hot Days Salad...very refreshing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Strawberry Spinache Salad

Perfect timing. I've got the ingredients and tomorrow may be one of those surprise hot days. Thanks.

o

Let me know if you like it ...its one of my favorites during the warm weather season

o

I do one very similar and is the only way that I like to eat spinach.

The dressing is equal parts sugar or honey, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.

o

Can you put dressing on the night before, or is it better putting dressing on last minute, have everything to make to take to cookout on Sunday. PLMK Wendy

o

I wouldn't put the dressing on the night before. Add the dressing just before serving.

o

Thank You, had cookout today & put dressing on right before serving, big hit Delish, THANKS

o

glad you liked it I never dresss it before it wilts,

o

On my list for Memorial Day Menu!!

o

This is my recipe, basically the same but adding dill. Very good.

SPINACH DILL SALAD

Dressing:

cup extra virgin olive oil
cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
cup sugar
2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon salt (Kosher salt is very good)
teaspoon pepper, freshly ground (can add more or less to your taste)
teaspoon dry mustard or can use stone ground Dijon
teaspoon onion powder or can use finely chopped onion

Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, dry mustard and onion powder until blended, cover and chill. If it chills overnight, the flavors are enhanced.

Salad:

2 pounds fresh spinach, torn and coarse stems discarded
1 bunch green onions, chopped (both white and green parts)
cup toasted slivered almonds
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
cup fresh dill, chopped

Toss spinach, green onions, almonds, strawberries and dill in a salad bowl; just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here