Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Mocha Toffee Squares

Posted by bajagato (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 21:59

Does anyone have the recipe for Mocha Toffee Squares from The Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook? This is the cookbook that I think everyone has in their kitchen cabinet, including me! Its red and white plaid, you know the one...in any case I must have loved this recipe so much I took the page out of my cookbook!! In my version of the cookbook, its on page 137, its in the Desserts section. Is there anyone willing to write it down for me???
Thanks in advance.
Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Mocha Toffee Squares

Hi Denise --

Oooh, these do sounds good. Heres the recipe, on pg 137, just like you said!

Mocha Toffee Squares

1 cup finely crushed chocolate wafers
3 Tbs melted butter or margarine
2 tsp instant coffee crystals
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter
4 egg yolks
1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 egg whites
2 1&1/8 bars chocolate covered english toffee, crushed (1/2 cup)

For crust, combine crushed wafers and melted margarine, press onto bottom of 8x8x2 inch dish. Dissolve coffee crystals in 1 Tbs hot water. Beat together 1/2 cup sugar and the 1/2 cup margarine till fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Add coffee, chocolate, and vanilla, beat till combined. Beat egg whites to soft peaks; gradually add remaining sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Spread over crust. Sprinkle toffee atop. Cover, freeze 6 hours or until firm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

o

Thank you so much!!!!!! Gonna make them for Easter dessert!

o

Has anyone actually made these? How are they?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here