Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: chocolate syrup

Posted by ourguys (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 20:03

Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate syrup with less sugar, or perhaps a sugar substitute? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: chocolate syrup

You could try the recipe at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate syrup

o

Here's one made with low-glycemic agave nectar. I won 1st prize in the dessert division in an International Low-glycemic Recipe Contest with this chocolate syrup recipe and vanilla ice cream (also sweetened with agave nectar). I usually only make 1/4 or 1/2 the recipe because it doesn't keep as long as commercial chocolate syrup.

-Grainlady

Agave Nectar Chocolate Syrup

1/2 c. Hersheys Cocoa Powder
1 c. Light Agave Nectar
1 c. Cold water
1/2 t. Vanilla
1/2 t. Guar gum (optional - as a thickener)
1/8 t. Sea Salt

1. In a large saucepan, combine cocoa, Agave Nectar and salt. Stir in water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until smooth - about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1/2 t. guar gum for a thickener.
3. Place the pan in a sink of cold water and stir with the whisk until cool. Stir in vanilla. Pour into a covered container and refrigerate.
4. Shake before using.

o

Can we also have the recipe for the low-glycemic ice cream? PRETTY PLEASE!

o

Your wish is my demand. A serving is 1/2-cup!!! How sad of me to remind ANYONE of that. :-( Enjoy! -Grainlady

Low-Glycemic Vanilla Ice Cream

4 oz. Liquid Pasturized Egg Substitute (do not use raw eggs!)
1/4 c. Light Agave Nectar
1 c. Half and Half (or milk)
2 c. Heavy cream
1-1/2 t. Vanilla

1. In a 4-cup measuring cup or equal-sized bowl, combine egg substitute, Agave Nectar, and vanilla in a bowl and stir to mix.
2. Add cream and half and half (or milk).
3. Chill thoroughly. (I place it in the freezer until ice crystals begin to form on the edges of the mixture.) The colder the mixture is the quicker it will become ice cream.
4. Process in a Deni Scoop Factory Compact Automatic Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Maker or ice cream maker of choice.

Yield: 1 quart

o

Thank you sooooo much! DH will appreciate it even more than I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here