Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: recipes using almond flour

Posted by laurie_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 18:39

I've never used almond flour before. It's so much more expensive than all-purpose flour!

Please share your favorite almond flour recipe.
Thanks!

Laurie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Apple Almond Pastries

I haven't received any responses, so I will share with you what I ended up making. This pastry recipe was on the side of the package containing the almond flour. I modified the recipe a bit.

My family really loved these and I'll be making them more often!

Apple Frangipane Galette (I call these, "Apple Almond Pastries")

1/2 cup butter (at room temp)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup Almond meal/flour
2 T white flour
3 eggs
1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 Pkgs. puff pastry (thawed)*
2 apples (peeled,cored,sliced thin)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tsp. butter, melted

Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In large bowl, beat butter & powered sugar. Beat in almond meal & white flour. Beat in 2 eggs & almond extract.

On lightly floured surface, roll out the small circles of puff pastry so they are about 1/4" thickness. Transfer the circles to the baking sheet. Put about 3 T of almond mixture in center of each pastry round & spread out leaving 1/2" edge of pastry showing.

Beat remaining 1 egg lightly & brush pastry edge with beaten egg. Place apples on top of almond mixture in a spiral leaving the pastry edge showing.

Mix together sugar & cinnamon, then sprinkle evenly on top of apple slices. Drizzle 1/2 tsp. of melted butter on top of each galette.

Refrigerate galettes on baking sheet for 15 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for about 22 minutes or until golden brown & pastry is puffed.

*Notes: I used Fuji apples. I baked one sheet of galettes at a time. I used Bob's Red Mill finely ground almond meal/flour (bought at Gelson's market). I used 2 boxes of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells (in the frozen section of the market). 6 shells per box.

One box contains 6 "shells" (they are round & about 1/2" thick)
 photo 2014-04-13AppleAlmondPastry015.jpg

BEFORE going in the oven
 photo 2014-04-13AppleAlmondPastry001.jpg

Ready to eat!
Apple Almond Pastries photo 2014-04-13AppleAlmondPastry013.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here