Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betty_the_villages

LOOKING for: Ruby Tuesday Chicken Pot Pie recipe

betty_the_villages
16 years ago

Any one have this recipe?

We ate it at Ruby Tuesday Resaurant. It is delicious. I am looking for the recipe. I search on the internet but I don't think I got the right recupie.

If you know it please send it.

Betty in Florida

Comments (6)

• lindac
    16 years ago

What's special about it? There are lots of very good pot pie recipes that have been posted here....some with mushrooms, some with puff pastry, some with short crust soem with biscuit crust...
    I would match a recipe from one of our good home cooks up against any one mass produced in the kitchen of a chain reatraunt any day.
    I have never eaten at a Ruby Tuesday so I can't give any hints.
    What was it like? Big chunks of chicken? lots of veggies? cream gravy or stock based? and what was the crust like?
    Linda C

• betty_the_villages
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Linda,
    It had a puffed crust, no mushrooms, with a cream gravy. There seemed to be something about the cream gravy that had a different flavor. The veggies were carrots, celery,peas,and onion. With chicken, medium size.
    I have eaten several versions of chicken pot pie and never tasted one like it. I love KFC's Chicken Pot Pie...smile. It was just that I had never eaten one with cream gravy.
    Betty in Florida

• becky_ca
    16 years ago

I've never eaten at a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant, but this chicken pot pie recipe is a family favorite here. I've used the filling for pot pie, shepherd's pie and also served it over rice.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Country Chicken Pot Pies

Recipe By :Southern Living Do-Ahead Cookbook
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Tested and Approved

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup butter or margarine -- melted
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 cup half and half
    4 cups cooked chicken -- chopped
    2 cups frozen peas and carrots -- thawed
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Saute first 2 ingredients in butter in a skillet over medium heat until tender. Add flour; stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and half and half; Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in chicken, peas and carrots, salt and pepper.

To prepare pastry mix flour and salt. Cut shortening into flour till the size of peas. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and mix gently.

Divide basic Pastry into 8 equal portions. Roll 4 portions of pastry to 10 inch circle on a floured surface. Place in four 6 inch disposable pie pans. Divide chicken mixture over pastry in pans. Roll remaining 4 portions of circles over filling; fold edges under and flute. Cut slits in tops to allow steam to escape.

To Freeze; Cover tightly and freeze up to 1 month.

To Serve: Bake, uncovered at 400F for 1 hour or until crust is brown.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• pattyjensen
    16 years ago

Make your favorite alfredo sauce and use it for the cream sauce. Then you'll have Ruby Tuesday's Chicken Pot Pie. The special ingredient is the parm. cheese. They also add broccoli.

• woodie
    16 years ago

If the secret ingredient is the parmesan, here is my regular pot pie recipe from our DD that we like very much.

SUZIE'S CHICKEN POT PIE

2 Cups chicken, uncooked, cut in small pieces
    1 Cup Broccoli, cut in small pieces
    1/2 Cup sliced Carrots
    1/2 Cup sliced Celery
    1/2 Cup diced Onions
    3 Tablespoons Butter
    3 Tablespoons Flour
    2 Cups Milk
    1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
    2 Chicken Boullion Cubes (or 2 teaspoons "Better Than Boullion")
    Your favorite pastry for top and bottom pie crust

Directions
    Place bottom pie crust in 9" pie pan.
    Simmer chicken in water for 5 minutes, add vegetables and simmer 5 more minutes. Drain.
    In another saucepan, melt butter, add flour, whisk and cook for 5 minutes.
    Add milk and boullion and simmer until thick then add cheese and mix well.
    Add chicken and vegetables. Mix well and pour into pie crust.
    Top with second pie crust. Prick with fork or cut small hole in top crust to vent. Brush with beaten egg.
    Bake @ 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes til golden brown.

• hercurleywig_aol_com
    15 years ago

Ruby Tuesday gave me their ingredients for "Parmesan Cream Sauce". The ingredients that make it taste so good are: Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Margarine and Garlic. The other ingredients are: Cream, Flour, Onion Lemon Juice and Red Pepper Sauce. They use this sauce in some of their other recipes.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting