Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese

Posted by gagesgranny (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 17:03

I am looking for a recipe for scalloped potatoes with cheese that will serve about 20 people and that will also pair with ham. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese

This will work. Just double it & make in 2 dishes:
SCALLOPED POTATO CASSEROLE (SERVES 10)
1 cup sour cream
10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I can hear the EWWWW's already)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded Cheddar cheese
3 lbs all-purpose potatoes, peeled, boiled & cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cracker crumbs or homemade dried breadcrumbs

Mix sour cream, soup, butter, green onions & 1 cup cheese in a lightly greased deep 3 qt casserole. Gently stir in potatoes, salt & pepper. Top w/remaining 1/2 cup cheese & the crumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 oven 30 minutes (or longer if refrigerated.)~~A Taste of New England

o

ginger, thank you so much for this recipe. It sure sounds good. I like tried and true recipes. Thanks again.

o

You're most welcome. Hope you like it.

o

Ginger: I made your scalloped potato recipe and it sure was a "hit". It was delicious. I doubled your recipe and there was nothing left after dinner yesterday. Thank you so much.

o

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me know how it went over.

o

Here is one of our favorites........

Enought peeled and cut up potatoes in cubes to fill a 8 X 13 pan. Cook until almost done. Drain and add 1 pound velveeta cheese, salt and pepper to taste, chopped onion (about tennis ball size), and 1 cup real mayo. Mix throughly and crumble bacon on top. I sometimes cut up olives to put on top, too. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until it is golden brown.. You can bake it part way and finish the next day. It is a sure winner.

Also I have had people put small ham chuncks and broccoli in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here