Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pink_warm_mama_1_gw

LOOKING for: What is your best recipe for -

pink_warm_mama_1
16 years ago

pizza crust. I have one that tastes all right, but it sticks so badly, I don't use it any more. Thanks for any help.

Comments (6)

• lindac
    16 years ago

For one 12 inch crust.
    2/3 cup of warm water, with 1 package of instant yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
    When it gets foamy, telling you the yeast is working, add 1 cup of flour and beat well....
    Add 1 teaspoon of salt, stir
    Add 1T olive oil and stir
    Then add another 2/3 cup of flout mix and turn out onto a board and knead, adding up to 1/4 cup more flour if necessary to keep it from sticking.
    Cover with a bowl and let rest for 10 to 20 minute, shape as desired.
    Linda C

• roselin32
    16 years ago

I use 2 1/4 tsp yeast or one packet
    2 cups flour + additional flour to make a stiff dough and knead
    1 tsp sugar
    1 T olive oil
    1 tsp salt
    Mix well and add more flour to make a stiff dough.......
    turn onto a floured surface, cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Knead til smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl,cover with towel and let rise til double.
    Punch down and press into a greased 12" pizza pan. Top with sauce and bake in 425° til crust is nicely browned. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
    Haven't had "store bought" since I learned to make my own crust years ago. Have fun.
    RL`

• lindac
    16 years ago

Roselin? No water? Out side of that it's the same as mine.
    Linda C

• melonpocky
    16 years ago

What kind of crust are you looking for?

I have found that the best *best!* dough is made over the course of at least a day of cold fermentation in the fridge. The last time I made crust I let it ferment in the fridge for three days, and on the third I made a fresh batch and combined the two. It made the best *best!* pizza dough in the world (if you like a chewy, soft-on-the-inside light-and-crisp-on-the-outside crust). The result is a dough that is slightly tacky but not at all sticky and it tosses really well.

True, it's not the most time-saving method, but it tastes amazing and is worth waiting for.

The recipe I used from 101 Cookbooks blog

• roselin32
    16 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out to me........yes, there is one cup of warm water. I like to add some basil or oregano to my crust sometimes too. Adds a nice flavor.
    RL`

• disneyginger
    16 years ago

I eyeball this.

1 tablespoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water until it foams.
    3 to 4 cups of all purpose flour. I swear that King Arthur is better, but it is up to you.
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1/2 teaspoon of sugar
    1/4 cup of olive oil.

Put the dry ingredients into a food process with the dough blade. Give it all a whirl to mix it all up. Then, add the yeast, the oil and 1 cup more of very warm water.

Let it all come together pulsing until it sticks into a ball.

Dump the ball out on a very lightly floured board, cover with a warm damp all cotton tea towel and walk away for about an hour.

Start the stretching and you can make a hand stretched pizza dough. You can take the easy way out and just hand press it into an olive oil greased jelly roll pan and stretch it to fit with a lip of crust.

Top as you like.

If you're hand stretching and putting on a pizza stone, it will bake at 500 degrees in a short 10 minutes or so. If you're doing the jelly roll pressed in crust, it will take about 20 minutes at 450.