Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: What is your best recipe for -

Posted by pink_warm_mama_1 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 16:42

pizza crust. I have one that tastes all right, but it sticks so badly, I don't use it any more. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: What is your best recipe for -

For one 12 inch crust.
2/3 cup of warm water, with 1 package of instant yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
When it gets foamy, telling you the yeast is working, add 1 cup of flour and beat well....
Add 1 teaspoon of salt, stir
Add 1T olive oil and stir
Then add another 2/3 cup of flout mix and turn out onto a board and knead, adding up to 1/4 cup more flour if necessary to keep it from sticking.
Cover with a bowl and let rest for 10 to 20 minute, shape as desired.
Linda C

o

I use 2 1/4 tsp yeast or one packet
2 cups flour + additional flour to make a stiff dough and knead
1 tsp sugar
1 T olive oil
1 tsp salt
Mix well and add more flour to make a stiff dough.......
turn onto a floured surface, cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Knead til smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl,cover with towel and let rise til double.
Punch down and press into a greased 12" pizza pan. Top with sauce and bake in 425 til crust is nicely browned. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
Haven't had "store bought" since I learned to make my own crust years ago. Have fun.
RL`

o

Roselin? No water? Out side of that it's the same as mine.
Linda C

o

What kind of crust are you looking for?

I have found that the best *best!* dough is made over the course of at least a day of cold fermentation in the fridge. The last time I made crust I let it ferment in the fridge for three days, and on the third I made a fresh batch and combined the two. It made the best *best!* pizza dough in the world (if you like a chewy, soft-on-the-inside light-and-crisp-on-the-outside crust). The result is a dough that is slightly tacky but not at all sticky and it tosses really well.

True, it's not the most time-saving method, but it tastes amazing and is worth waiting for.

The recipe I used from 101 Cookbooks blog

o

Thanks for pointing that out to me........yes, there is one cup of warm water. I like to add some basil or oregano to my crust sometimes too. Adds a nice flavor.
RL`

o

I eyeball this.

1 tablespoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water until it foams.
3 to 4 cups of all purpose flour. I swear that King Arthur is better, but it is up to you.
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup of olive oil.

Put the dry ingredients into a food process with the dough blade. Give it all a whirl to mix it all up. Then, add the yeast, the oil and 1 cup more of very warm water.

Let it all come together pulsing until it sticks into a ball.

Dump the ball out on a very lightly floured board, cover with a warm damp all cotton tea towel and walk away for about an hour.

Start the stretching and you can make a hand stretched pizza dough. You can take the easy way out and just hand press it into an olive oil greased jelly roll pan and stretch it to fit with a lip of crust.

Top as you like.

If you're hand stretching and putting on a pizza stone, it will bake at 500 degrees in a short 10 minutes or so. If you're doing the jelly roll pressed in crust, it will take about 20 minutes at 450.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here