Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: yummy California pasta (easy)

Posted by bela67 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 08 at 16:28

package of tri colored spiral pasta
small package of pine nuts (up to you on size really)
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1 medium cucumber chopped
1 small red onion chopped
cup or so of olive oil
package of feta cheese, once again up to you on how much

put olive oil in a skillet and add the pine nuts heat them up until nice and golden, while this is going on and keep watch it happens fast once it starts boil the pasta, drain add all the chopped ingredients pour the olive oil and nuts on top and add feta cheese. this is good and better the second day and third. its addicting to me. as you can tell this recipe is easy to play with and the only thing that is a constant for me is the pasta, nuts and feta but i have added red bell pepper and black olives before even sun dried tomatoes are good in it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: yummy California pasta (easy)

That sounds great, Bela! Thanks for posting it. I bet mozzarella pieces would be good too.

o

A cup of olive oil? Sounds like an awful lot!

Linda

o

I second Linda...Id definately cut back on that and wouldnt use EVOO..IMO too strong...just a thought but the recipe looks nice Thanks

o

I probably exaggerated the amount on the EVOO really its just enough to cover the pine nuts to get them that golden brown. sorry! i have added shredded motz cheese or even the 3 cheese blend they have with assagio, motz and romano and its good.

o

Thanks, Bela, this sounds good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here