o
RECIPE: southern fried cube steak

Posted by rustysgirl2m (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 12:53

Here's a simple dish.
beat 2 eggs in soup dish
in a second soup dish put a vigorous amount of bread crumbs
dredge steaks in eggs, than dredge in breadcrumbs
in a frypan cover bottom with vegetable oil, fry steaks on both sides (brown).
as a great addition to the steak take 2 cans diced (canned potatoes put in a well buttered fry pan vigorously sprinkle with papprika fry in pan until potatoes start to brown,mixing potatoes constatnly while cooking.approx 2 to 3 minutes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: southern fried cube steak

What's a cube steak? Is that the cut of meat or is it the name of the dish?

o

Love southern fried steak. Always floured mine, and served with milk gravy.

o

It's a cut of meat....tenderized by putting it through a "cuber". I thought it was a pretty iniversal term. I grew up on the east coast...we called it minute steak.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Cube steaks

o

Oh - I know minute steaks, maybe its a Jersey thing!

o

Yes, we call them minute steaks too.(In college in Ohio I think they called it MYSTERY MEAT!) Someone on the food channel just made that..semi homemade??
My ques is do you still tenderize them before cooking? Sometimes they are a little tough. Beat them up more??

o

elton brown did a show today (sat, 14) on cubed steak and its many names... ie, chicken-fried, country-fried, swiss, etc. He also rated some gadgets for cubing your own ... should be on again soon (Show # EA1004)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here