Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizaprin

LOOKING for: Does anyone know anything about this cookbook?

lizaprin
15 years ago

Hey guys,

I want to buy this cookbook but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it before I did. Any comments on it would be great!

http://www.recipesecrets.net/home.html?hop=luckyyou7

Comments (11)

• User
    15 years ago

Here's the link

Here is a link that might be useful: cookbook

• blizlady
    15 years ago

There are so many copycat restaurant recipe sites, that I personally would not purchase a recipe book. Sometimes just doing a google search for the name of the restaurant and recipe that you are looking for will bring up hundreds of sites that have it.

I go to Recipelink quite a bit to find "secret" restaurant recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: recipelink

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

The original poster should know that the Garden Web does not allow advertising on these forums. But since the OP only joined yesterday, he/she may not know the rules yet.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Maybe I'm gullible, or just naive, but I didn't get that she was advertising. I thought she was really asking for an opinion.

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

More often than not, posters who register with GW and immediately post a message similar to this one or the "gourmet cheese" message are only here to promote their product. They do not introduce themselves, they do not mention that they have been lurking and find help and good recipes on the GW, and they do not ask a question that indicates they are looking for a specific recipe or recipes. If they wanted an opinion about a book, they should have posted that question over on Cooking. The link to their product is the tale-tale sign.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

"If they wanted an opinion about a book, they should have posted that question over on Cooking."

Why?

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Because this forum is primarily for the sharing of recipes and getting help finding a particular recipe, not for the review of cookbooks?

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Recipes are shared at the Cooking Forum & recipes from cookbooks are shared here all the time so I don't think the lines are that clear-cut. JMHO.

• ilene_in_neok
    15 years ago

I think they also have a forum for discussion of the rules, Teresa. ;~)

Not trying to be rude, just making a point.

That said, I do agree that the OP probably is connected somehow to the link she provided, all the clues point to that. But maybe not. Someone who just joined has probably been lurking for awhile and while some people do introduce themselves, a lot of people don't. I followed the link, though, and found the site particularly annoying in that it tries to make it hard to exit from the site. And I also agree that Cooks.com and many other cooking sites offer copycat recipes just for the price of a little time to search.

Liza, if your request is legitimate, and if the book is legitimate, it would probably be for sale on book-selling sites such as Amazon.com. And no, I don't have any connections to them, and I've been a GardenWeb member a long time. I don't post here very often, but I do come to read from time to time, both here and on the Cooking forum. And Ginger you are right that they do post recipes and ask for recipes over there too. Often.

Attached is a link to a search I made. I like that people who have purchased the books provide their opinions of them. They offer new AND used books of all kinds, and I've gotten some really nice used books quite reasonably priced from this site. Often I have been all enthusiastic about a book I've heard about only to find out that people who bought the book thought it was a waste of money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

• blizlady
    14 years ago

lizaprin, I just went to that site where the cookbook is being offered and they have a pretty active forum. Maybe you can ask somebody at the forum where the book is being advertised if any one has purchased it. There is also a thread on restaurant recipes, so you may find a lot of good recipes there too.

• goose53
    14 years ago

Liza, go to your public library and request it - that's how I see if I want to purchase, even recent publishing can be requested at my county library...d