Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggie4_gw

RECIPE: breakfast pizza

Maggie4
16 years ago

With my hubby being tired of the usual for supper he thought this would be a good idea. I have never seen breakfast pizza frozen but it would be a good alternative for supper. With both working I need quick, fast meals.

So How do you make your breakfast pizza and have you ever frozen them?

Comments (10)

• Maggie4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thankyou

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    16 years ago

I've never heard of a breakfast pizza. I've heard of frittatas. I'm sorry no one has helped you!

seagrass

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Does this count? It's really yummy!

Ham and Tomato Pie
    Ingredients
    1 (8-oz.) package diced cooked ham
    1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4 onions)
    1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie shell
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    2 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
    1 large egg
    1/3 cup half-and-half
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, tomato slices
    Preparation
    1. Sauté ham and green onions in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until ham is brown and any liquid evaporates.
    2. Brush bottom of pie shell evenly with mustard; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon ham mixture evenly over cheese, and top with single layer of sliced tomatoes.
    3. Beat egg and half-and-half with a fork until blended; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with basil, pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
    4. Bake on lowest oven rack at 425° for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve; garnish, if desired.
    Yield
    Makes 4 to 6 servings

• momj47
    16 years ago

I think a breakfast pizza would be pretty time consuming. I make breakfast tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas etc. Since the tortillas are already made it doesn't take much time to scramble some eggs and throw some sausage or bacon, cheese, tomato, salsa, etc on top.

• Maggie4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

He had a slice at one of the 'sell everything gas stations'. I hadn't heard of it either so I googled it. I made my own pizza crust. Put it in a lg cookie sheet then just added eggs mixed w/milk, onion, a little taco sauce , cooked sausage. pour it all on top of the crust topped w/cheddar and pizza cheese and baked. It was pretty good. I'm not sure about freezing it but it did keep well in the frig. You could add peppers, mushrooms ect.

My husband isn't suppose to have alot of eggs so I used two whole eggs mixed with egg substitute . I am thinking it might help making it a little healthier. You could use a pre-baked crust.

• shambo
    16 years ago

On the Cooking Forum today, Jessy posted about reading a thread on pizza with egg -- breakfast pizza. She linked to this site. Perhaps this thread will give you some ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pizza with Egg

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Shambo, thanks for posting that! Its 3:30AM and I'm twitchy with insomnia! arrrggghhh I want breakfast pizza! Someone do one for me.

• kaelkriver
    16 years ago

Here's a couple I have, but haven't tried freezing either.

Breakfast Pizza

1 pound ground pork sausage
    1 package Crescent Rolls
    1 cup frozen hash browns, thawed
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    ¼ cup milk
    5 eggs
    2 tablespoon grated Parmesan
    ½ teaspoon salt

Cook sausage until done and drain. Separate Crescent rolls and put on round pizza pan, points to center. Press to form crust. Sprinkle with potatoes, sausage and cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.

Crescent Breakfast Pizza

4 slices bacon
    4 tablespoons purchased pesto
    1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
    1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
    2 large Plum tomatoes cut in 1/8Âs
    1 Â 3 ounce package of soft cream cheese
    3 green onions, sliced

Heat oven to 375. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In medium skillet cook bacon until crisp, drain. Crumble bacon; set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings, add mushrooms; cooking until tender. Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Cut rectangles in half to form 8 squares. Place dough squares ½ inch apart on cookie sheet.

Spread each dough square with 2 teaspoons cream cheese and ½ tablespoon of pesto. Top with mushrooms and half the mozzarella. Arrange tomato slices on cheese. Sprinkle with onions, crumbled bacon and remaining half of cheese. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

• sprout_wi
    15 years ago

I used to work for a place that served the best breakfast pizza in their cafeteria.

The crust was baking powder biscuit dough. I am not sure how it was prepared but the biscuit base was on the bottom of the cake pan, then sauce, topped with cooked meats - Italian sausage and crisp bacon, so I imagine they were pre-cooked. There were onions and green peppers, mushrooms and scrambled eggs. All seem to have been prepared ahead. Finally it was topped with cheese and popped into the oven.

I have tried to dissect the recipe. I believe the biscuit dough was put into an oiled cake pan and the pre-cooked toppings added. It looked to me like the pizza was served when the biscuit base was finished baking. See back of a Bisquick box for times and temps. Cut in big squares - delish !!

• caliloo
    15 years ago

I amke a breakfast pizza that my guys go wild over.

Start with Pillsbury Grands biscuits and flatten out to about 7 inches in diamaeter.

Top with any (or all) of the following:

sauteed onions
    sauteed peppers
    browned sausage
    crispy bacon
    sauteed mushrooms

Make a little hollow place in the middle of the topped pizza, and break an egg into the hollow. Top with shredded cheese and bake in a 350 oven for about 15 - 20 min until the egg is cooked to your preference.

Alexa

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor