Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedeebaker_gw

LOOKING for: finger foods for 8th grade dance

deedeebaker
17 years ago

Would anyone have some suggestions with the theme in mind being "Hollywood". I already posted on the entertaining exchange so I'm not sure if I posted to the right area. Sorry. Thank you.

Comments (5)

• eileenlaunonen
    17 years ago

Well Buffalo WIngs may not be "hollywood" but there sure right up a 13 years olds alley! cant go wrong with that!

• lindac
    17 years ago

I would just go with those things you know appeal to kids...and give them "hollywood" names.
    Things ilke little smokys in a sweet BBQ sauce, tiny meatballs, "Beverly Hills Chicken wings"..Buffalo wings. mountains of veggies and dip and a lake or 2 of cheese dip and chips.
    I don't know how big the group is nor what your budget will be nor how much help you will have, but small sandwiches would be good as well as tiny cop cakes and cookies.
    Also fruit strung on plastic soda straws so they don't become weapons later.
    Just pretty much any kid friendly food....at that age they love junk food and look askance at anything "odd".
    Linda C

• glenda_al
    17 years ago

Kids and adults love these!

Herbed cracker and cheese bits!
    2 (10 1/2-ounce) boxes cheese crackers (recommended: Ritz Cheese Bits, not peanut butter flavor) ***I just buy regualar cheezits!
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 (1-ounce) package salad dressing mix (recommended: Hidden Valley Original Ranch)
    1 heaping tablespoon dried dill
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon celery salt

Place the crackers in a large sealable freezer container. In a bowl, mix the oil, salad dressing mix, dill, garlic powder, and celery salt. Pour this mixture over the crackers, cover the container, and invert it to coat the crackers with seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning the container every so often to keep the crackers coated. Let the mixture come to room temperature before serving. Store in the covered container in refrigerator

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

SAUSAGE STARS (Makes 4 to 5 dozen)

2 cups (1 lb.) cooked crumbled sausage
    1 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
    1 cup Ranch dressing
    1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe olives
    1/2 cup chopped red pepper
    1 pkg fresh or frozen wonton wrappers
    Vegetable oil

Blot sausage dry with paper towels and combine with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, salad dressing, olives and red pepper. Lightly grease a mini (or regular) muffin tins and press 1 wrapper in each cup. Brush with oil, bake 5 minutes until golden. Remove from tins, place on baking sheet and fill with sausage mixture. Bake 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.~~Culinary Masterpieces

CHEESE STRAWS (7-8 dozen)
    1 stick butter, softened
    1 lb Cheddar, grated
    1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 clove garlic, crushed

Preheat oven to 250°. Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the cheese, flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, black pepper & garlic. Knead until smooth.
    Brush a cookie press tube with additional flour. Fill the tube w/the dough. Pipe in 2" long strips onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until light brown.
    NOTE: You can calso shape the pastry into 1" balls & flatten with a fork. Top each with a pecan half, if desired & bake as above.~~Seaboard to Sideboard

TEA PARTY SANDWICHES (makes 5 1/2 dozen)
    11 oz cram cheese, softened
    1/4 cup milk
    1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
    12 oz bacon, cooked & crumbled
    1 loaf sliced white bread,crusts removed
    1 loaf wheat bread, crusts removed
    Pimiento-stuffed olived for garnish

Beat the cheese, milk & Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the bacon. Spread on the white bread slices; top w/the wheat bread slices. Cut each sandwich into 3 equal portions. Top each with an olive slice.
    NOTE: Can be made a day in advance; cover with a damp paper towel & refrigerate until serving time. Add 1/4 cup each minced green bell pepper & grated onion to the cream cheese mixture, if desired.~~Seaboard to Sideboard

• eileenlaunonen
    17 years ago

Linda your funny...straws instead of weapons...LOL have a 11yr old son and I was invisioning him like Zoro as I read your post!