Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

RECIPE: cooking now: need some ideas

rjinga
13 years ago

I have a recipe from a pampered chef party that is really great, it's made with croissants and a mixture of chicken, mayo, sour cream, italian bread crumbs, italian seasoning or dressing, chopped onion, parm. or other white cheese, I add pecans or cashew pieces, and sometimes chopped up pears, etc. the mixture is spooned into the croissants which are laid out slightly overlapping, like little triangles on the baking stone in a round pattern so when it's all wrapped up it's a "wheel"

MY QUESTION:

I dont have chicken, so I figured I would experiment with what I had (ground beef) it's now cooking with onion and mushrooms and peppers.

I'm just not sure what else I can add to it to make it good, I will add cheese, and seasoning of course, thought about maybe a can of cream of mushroom soup, and broccoli, but my broccoli went bad!! so I'm aiming for a cheesy mac kinda thing, or like a casserole filling..I also considered adding some rice? or some type of small pasta, but that might be weird inside a croissant.

I have asparagus (from my garden) squash and other veggies I could use...carrots, cabbage, zuchinni, red potatoes, celery? Maybe just a small bit of several of these?

It seems whatever goes into these croissants turns out yummy. I just need to be the right consistancy, not too soupy, and nothing with too much liquid when it cooks, so that the outside stays firm.

It turns out like a bread filled ring..fun and easy,

ANY IDEAS??? QUICK, I need them now :)

Comments (4)

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Do you bake this recipe? If so, then our favorite Ham Delights would be good on the croissants - if a little rich. Here is a recipe, but I would use less butter if using the croissants:

Ham Delights presented by Andrea's Troy-Bumpas Inn Bed & Breakfast

1 pound of ham
    1/2 pound of Swiss cheese
    1/2 pound of margarine or butter
    3 Tbsp mustard
    1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    3 Tbsp poppy seeds
    2 pkgs of party rolls

Mix margarine, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together until it is of spreading consistency. Spread on both inside surfaces of party rolls. Place ham and cheese on bottom half of rolls. Place top half of party rolls over cheese. Return rolls to foil tray. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.

You would spread the butter mixture on the croissants instead of the party rolls (which may not be made by P. Farm anymore).

If using asparagus, zucchini, potatoes or other vegetables, you would need to saute them first as they give off water when baking.

I wouldn't add in rice, potatoes, or pasta to your recipe. Nor would I add in any canned cream of ___ soup. Stick with chicken, ham, seafood, or even dried chipped beef and cheeses, even cream cheese. Any kind of chicken salad, ham salad, even tuna or crab salad would work. Look for recipes for baked chicken salad casseroles - that might work too. A mixed vegetable medley like ratatouille mixed with grated cheese might work. The cheese and/or mayonnaise/cream cheese/sour cream would help to bind the ingredients and provide melted goodness.

Teresa

• deannabsd
    13 years ago

Ham delight question for Teresa,

They sound so tasty for my graduation party but I won't have an oven in a motel--could they be heated in an electric roaster. My guess is you just need to get them warm but not dried out??? Any help would be appreciated.

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Yes! Just wrap them well in foil and stick 'em in the roaster. They just need to get warm enough to melt the cheese. I would say 375 to 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. The thing with these is to get the butter mixture well melted and soaked into the bread. That's what makes them so good!

Oh no! I just now saw where the onion was left out of that recipe. You need to add 2-3 TB of finely minced onion to the butter mixture and add in the poppy seeds with the butter, mustard, W. Sauce, and onion. You have to have the onion in the mix.

Sheesh, I thought all Ham Delights recipes were the same.

Teresa

• Ming21
    13 years ago

When I saw this I anticipation what a abundant idea! You could baker several commons account of beans and/or rice or pasta. pass4sure 70-305 at the aforementioned time. You use the aforementioned baptize for seven items, extenuative baptize and fuel. pass4sure 70-668 You would not charge to use your bubbler baptize during a crisis as no baptize would anytime blow the food. If you are not application cooler baptize artlessly awning anniversary canteen with a lid afore affable and again clean with soap and baptize or a antibacterial clean afore opening. pass4sure 74-924 Great ideas, adulation the aboriginal pic of the bathroom. If it comes to adverse acme in the bathroom, it is a acceptable abstraction to alter them and the sink, pass4sure 70-306 if they are outdated. Costs compared to kitchen adverse acme are traveling to be basal due to abundant beneath adverse to space, and a lot of acceptable you will get a bigger amount if putting the adjustment for both at the aforementioned time. Use bifold sinks if accessible and put in new faucets.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living