Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robertograssi

RECIPE: Stewed cabbage

robertograssi
14 years ago

So below I offer the following recipe (should be fine for about 4 servings):

1. Take 3 or 4 spring onions (small size of those that are ready in December / January), chop coarsely and discard them in a pan with oil and a bit Âof wine. Depending on the season are also fine leeks. Both also use the leaves to the green.

2. Let them cook a few minutes and throw in about 300 g of sausage cut into pieces (how big a "piece"? Depends if you like big or small bites, I could say a walnut. Â Word, do what you like, you can also throw them whole if want).

3. Immediately add the chopped tomatoes (canned small = 250g) and fry over low heat (stove means you have a smaller average intensity) for 10-15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, chopped coarse cabbage.

5. Now the cabbage distributed evenly in the pan and add wine (so that the pieces of cabbage are means and means outside in).

6. Surface salt to taste.

7. Always like to put pepper and other spices (I now I have not made the chili, I wanted to try with coriander, but I finished).

8. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat (stove and put himself at least) for about 40 minutes  without stirring, not needed and so do not break the cabbage.

Finally, some final considerations:

* I tried it just a couple of hours ago and I was pointed out that the tomato sauce gives a little Âacidity. ÂS true, but I fear it is also the main cause of the absence of odor (see STINKS Dread), then I would say that you can try adding a bit of milk and sugar at the end of cooking (ie 30 Âafter putting sprouts) should solve the problem of acidity without removing the other great benefits.

* The sausages are good, but I tried putting some dots (also instead of sausage). The cooking time is a bit Âlong (ie you have to wait about 15â² more to throw cabbage) but very rewarding (my cholesterol thanks).

* If you are healthy eaters can substitute sausage (and pins) with a little ÂÂ calf. but by at least put a 50 g bacon fry along with onions.

Comment (1)