Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Anyone have a good recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad, us

Posted by KaneCarter (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 2:56

I went to a deli and they made their Chinese Chicken Salad with cabbage, and it was the best. I have tried to recreate it, I got close but now can't remember what I did. Does anyone have a yummy recipe they would like to share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Anyone have a good recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad,

Here is a recipe I have made several times. Napa Cabbage is what I originally used for this recipe, but I've had trouble finding this in my area the last couple of years.

Oriental Chicken Salad

2 -3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts ( depending on the amount of chicken you like)
1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped (Napa is best for this recipe)
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped (or to taste)
2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages slivered almonds
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, optional
2 packages Ramen noodles
3 tablespoons butter

Dressing
3/4 cup vegetable oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Prepare dressing and set aside.
Smash ramen noodles (discard seasoning packets) and brown over medium heat in 3 tbs butter.
Once noodles have begun to slightly brown, add slivered almonds. If you start to brown the Ramen and almonds at the same time, the almonds will burn before the Ramen browns.

Once the ramen noodles have turned a dark golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
Combine cabbage, green onions, chicken and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Add the ramen/almond mixture and stir well.

Drizzle on the dressing and toss well to coat.

Teresa

o

This is the best!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/chinese-chicken-salad-with-red-chile-peanut-dressing-recipe/index.html

o

Here is the link...
Definitely making this one next chicken rotis

Here is a link that might be useful: Flay's chic salad

o

This is alte but delicious for any event.

My neighbor gave me this recipe and I made it for a friends shower last sunner. It was the hit of the party! Everyone wanted the recipe. A little different, but very good. I used boneless chx breast.

Millionaire Chicken

Makes 4 main-dish servings

1 whole 2-to-3 pound chicken (or bone-in chicken breasts)

1/2 head iceberg lettuce (or other crisp salad green)

Sauce A:

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons honey

1 clove garlic, minced

Sauce B:

3 tablespoons peanut or corn oil

2 scallions (green onions), chopped

4 nickel-size slices fresh ginger root, peeled and minced

1/2 teaspoon whole Sichuan peppercorns, slightly crushed

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Garnishes:

About 1/2 carton cherry tomatoes, for garnish

1 small can whole water chestnuts, for garnish

Poach chicken in simmering water until done. Cool, remove skin and bones, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Arrange over shredded lettuce on a large platter.

Combine ingredients for Sauce A in a small bowl; mix well and let stand for at least five minutes. Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for Sauce B in a small saucepan; heat over low flame for about three minutes. Remove from heat and pour Sauce B into bowl containing Sauce A, mixing well. Pour mixture over chicken and lettuce.

Garnish rim of platter, alternating cherry tomatoes and water chestnuts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here