Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

RECIPE: Lamb Chops and Couscous

CA Kate z9
15 years ago

I got some recipes from Fine Cooking a couple of weeks ago for Lamb Chops and an accompanying Mint-Basil Couscous. I made these recipes for our Easter dinner, and they were as good as anything I've ever made. So.......

I thought I would share them. Note: I didn't make the sauce part, but the rest was so good together that I can't imagine that the Sauce wouldn't be terrific too. And, I made 14 lamb chops, but only 4-Xed the recipe for the marinade.

Grilled Lamb Chops

Serve these chops with Mint-Basil Couscous and a simple salad of tomato, cucumber, and red onion.

Makes: 2 servings

Total time: 1 hour

FOR THE SAUCEÂ

1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

2 Tbsp. plain yogurt

1 Tbsp. mayonnaise

1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives

Juice of 1/2 a lemon

FOR THE LAMBÂ

2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

1 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary

1 Tbsp. minced garlic

1/2 tsp. kosher salt

1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

4 lamb loin chops (4Â5 oz. each)

Nutrition Information

Per 2 chops with 2 Tbsp. sauce: 453 cal; 25g total fat (8g sat); 160mg chol; 766mg sodium; 3g total carbs (1g sugars); 0g fiber; 49g protein

editorÂs note

To cook these chops on the stove top instead of the grill, rub them with the seasonings. Sauté lamb chops in olive oil for 5Â6 minutes per side for medium doneness.

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Combine feta cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, and lemon juice for the sauce; cover and chill.

Combine oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes for the lamb. Rub mixture onto chops. Grill chops over direct heat 5Â6 minutes per side for medium. Remove meat from grill, tent with foil, and let chops rest 5 minutes. Serve lamb with chilled sauce and Mint-Basil Couscous.

here.

Steps to Success

1. Stir together sauce ingredients and taste for seasonings. Chill sauce until ready to serve.

2. Coat chops with rosemary rub. Grill chops for 5Â6 minutes, flip, and grill for 5Â6 minutes more.

Mint-Basil Couscous

This flavorful side dish is easy to make and complements the Grilled Lamb Chops.

Makes: 2 servings

Total time: 10 minutes

2/3 cup water

1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil

1/2 cup fresh mint leaves

1/2 cup fresh basil leaves

1/2 cup dry couscous

Kosher salt to taste

Nutrition Information

Per serving: 191 cal; 3g total fat (0g sat); 0mg chol; 7mg sodium; 35g total carbs (0g sugars); 3g fiber; 6g protein

*Boil water and oil in a saucepan. Stir in mint and basil; cook 20 seconds. Transfer mixture to a food processor and purée until smooth but still hot, about 10 seconds. Pour hot purée over couscous in a bowl; stir, then cover with plastic wrap. Allow couscous to stand until liquid is absorbed, 4Â5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork before serving. Serve with Grilled Lamb Chops.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH