Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Your best Huevos Rancheros

Posted by mangomoon (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 08 at 23:21

Do you have a favorite huevos rancheros recipe? Looking to try something different this weekend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Your best Huevos Rancheros

No "recipe"...but I make my own salsa, the red stuff, If I want "Christmas", I buy the green salsa.
Then I fix eggs any way, fried, scrambled, over easy...
And put on the plate a warmed tortilla, a dollop of refritos (I just use canned) topped with a slice of jack cheese, eggs and salsa.
Linda C

o
RE: LOOKING for: Your best Huevos Rancheros

I use a bottled red salsa - a juicy one. Empty it into a non-stick skillet small enough so that you have about 3/4" of salsa. Bring to a simmer, then make wells in the salsa and break eggs into the wells - cook the eggs, basting with salsa, until whites are cooked and yolks are soft. Serve on top of warm corn tortillas. Mexican rice goes well with this, as well as refried beans. Grated jack cheese, sliced avocado with a squeeze of lime juice, sour cream, a wedge of melon...yumm!!

seagrass

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here