Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

RECIPE: raspberry curd creme

san_
17 years ago

barbara 52 (where HAS she gone to?) gave us a fabulous recipe for frozen lemon creme sandwiches, that i fell in love with! i have made that as posted but several times, skipped the cookie wafers and simply poured the lemon curd and creme fraiche into glasses and chilled them and served the mixture that way.

i LOVE lemon but raspberries are my very favorite fruit and cindy (ny) sent me a recipe for raspberry curd to try out. i wanted to modify it it a bit so i didn't kill ted off instantly (the final dessert contains not only eggs, but butter, sour cream AND cream!) and guess i really need to save it for friends who aren't in danger of keeling over at the first 200 milligrams of cholesterol, but i just loved it! FABULOUS stuff and thank you cindy--it really is a certifiable treat!

Raspberry or Lemon Curd

Source/Author: AP/"From My Chateau Kitchen" by Anne Willan(Clarkson Potter)

Ingredients/Directions

1 pint container raspberries, about 2 cups (see note for lemon)

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

4 eggs, lightly beaten

Puree the raspberries in a food processor and put them in a pan with the butter and sugar. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until the ingredients are melted and combined. Let them cool to tepid, then stir in the eggs.

Set the pan back on the heat and continue to cook over very low heat, stirring all the time, until the curd thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon, 20 to 25 minutes. Don't let the curd cook too fast or get too hot as it will curdle.

Work the curd through a sieve to remove the seeds (or zest from lemons, if used). Makes 2 cups of curd.

Note: for the lemon curd, replace the raspberry puree with the grated zest and juice of 4 large lemons and cook the curd less  10 minutes is probably enough.

*** my modifications--

melt ½ a stick of butter with 2 tsp of lemon juice

stir in ½ a cup of sugar and 1 bag of frozen raspberries

stir in 2 slightly beaten eggs and 1 tsp of almond extract

heat on low, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens a little. Let it cool thoroughly and use a blitz stick to blend into 2 C of crème fraiche. Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Here is a link that might be useful: dessert AND pie!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA