Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lakemayor

LOOKING for: Lofthouse Cookie Recipe

lakemayor
18 years ago

I'm looking for a recipe for sugar cookies that taste and have the texture of the "Lofthouse" cookies have. They melt in your mouth and the frosting has a slight almond favor.

Comments (7)

• Daisyduckworth
    18 years ago

Do any of these sites help?

Here is a link that might be useful: lofthouse cookie recipe

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you so much for the link. I will try it and see. I'm totally hooked on Lofthouse cookies.

Thanks again

• aquablue1431
    18 years ago

did you ever try the recipe using cake mix? I'll have to look on my other computer for the recipe...but they were very close to Lofthouse. Makes a couple dozen. I used a butter cream frosting, but you could use almond extract instead of vanilla...or a bit of both I suppose.

• aquablue1431
    18 years ago

Here we go...just in case someone hasn't ever heard or tried this recipe.

Lofthouse sugar cookies

Ingredients:
    1 (18.9 oz Pkg.) Pillsbury French Vanilla cake mix
    1/3 C vegetable oil (Crisco)
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375F
    Blend, cake mix, eggs, and oil until moistened. Roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass or cookie stamp.

Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.

While the cookies are still a little warm, spread on some buttercream frosting. Allow the frosting to set up before storing.

Buttercream Frosting

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
    6-8 cups confectioners sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tsp vanilla extract

Place butter in a large bowl. Add 4 cups sugar and then milk and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, approx 3-5 minutes. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time beating well after each time, about 2 minutes, until the icing is thick enough to spread. Add food coloring if you'd like.

I like to let this go in the kitchenaid mixer for 10-15 minutes to make it really light and fluffy.

• Terri_PacNW
    18 years ago

aquablue, thanks for posting that.
    I think I'll try it for Easter for my boys. They'd get a kick out of them I think.

• aquablue1431
    18 years ago

I think you (and the boys!) will enjoy them! I have used plain old vanilla cake mix. I like to put the jimmies or sprinkles on them...gotta put them on before the icing sets. I leave them out for an hour or so for the icing to harden a bit on top. If my boys are home...they rarely last that long!

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Aguablue, Thank you so much for this recipe. I'm going to try them this weekend. I'll let you know how they turn out. I love "Lofthouse" cookies and I look forward to being able to make something that is close in taste and texture. Thanks again.