Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 17:56

Made this the other night and I thought it was pretty good. Very dense. I actually made mine in a soup crock. And added the chocolate chips so that when you dump the cake onto a plate the chocolate chips are on top - almost like a frosting. :-)

4 TBSP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
4 TBSP SUGAR
2 TBSP COCOA
1 EGG
3 TBSP MILK
3 TBSP OIL
3 TBSP CHOCOLATE CHIPS (OPTIONAL)
2-3 DROPS VANILLA EXTRACT
1 COFFEE MUG

Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well with a fork. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk, oil, and vanilla and mix well, being sure to scrape the edges of the cup to incorporate all the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and mix again.

Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1,000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug and then sink down when the microwave is turned off. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate. Run a knife around the edge if it doesn't slide out easily. Serves 2. Great with ice cream!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Dana of Danalicious recently posted a picture of this dessert on her blog. I thought it looked wonderful. I've been planning on baking it myself. Thanks for the reminder.

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here